Why become a member? ×

Easiest Dream Theater Song On A 4-string Bass

greyshark

Erotomania and Voices can be done on 4-string if you're clever about it. Might be some stretching involved but can be done. Also fairly simple, just long!

Apart from the tapping solo, Metropolis Pt. 1 is relatively 'easy', again, it's just a long song so lots to remember. I think also some of the stuff from Scenes From A Memory are doable; 'Home' (in drop D), Strange De-ja vu(sp?) and Throught her Eyes can all be accomplished on a 4 banger.

I think I'm gonna bang the album on right now!

Truckstop

Don't want to boast, but I got it down in an afternoon. To be fair, the solo took a few sessions to get down as I'd never attempted tapping before then.

Truckstop

Ad. Should point out I learnt it 8 years ago when I was playing at a high level everyday and practised nearly all day, everyday! If I tried it now it'd take a week.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1389656172' post='2336748']
Don't want to boast, but I got it down in an afternoon. To be fair, the solo took a few sessions to get down as I'd never attempted tapping before then.

Truckstop

Ad. Should point out I learnt it 8 years ago when I was playing at a high level everyday and practised nearly all day, everyday! If I tried it now it'd take a week.
[/quote]

That's incredibly good going man, I gave up on it haha! The tapping solo was actually the easy part for me and I never use that technique.