Why become a member? ×

Back To Our 1978 Line-Up!

discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1388856686' post='2326969']
I always imagined you to be a bass player Skank, are you saying you are one of the s*x-str*ng persuasion?? *Shock* :o[/quote]

The guitar and the bass are only two of the weapons in my [i]toadally awwsome[/i] musical armoury. If pressed in conversation I would style myself as an exponent of the butt-harp.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1388860199' post='2327051']
The guitar and the bass are only two of the weapons in my [i]toadally awwsome[/i] musical armoury. If pressed in conversation I would style myself as an exponent of the butt-harp.
[/quote]

I'd be tempted to post...

:useless:

...but the thread would only get 'pulled', so I won't. :mellow:

In October 2013 I got the other three members of a band I was in back in the 80s together for a one-off gig in Berlin. We'd last played live together in 1989. Everything slid back into place surprisingly easily, considering we hadn't played these songs for nearly 25 years - one rehearsal 3 weeks before the gig and then another on the day. Hugely enjoyable.

My school band, a 7 piece soul/blues band, predating the Blues Brothers by many years, had a 30 years get together and that was rather long time ago!

Several of us went pro and most of us are still playing. Funnily enough the tensions that were the cause of the original split are still there. I think we deal with it better these days.

We arranged another gig for last year but health problems cancelled that.

Maybe this year.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1388844393' post='2326743']
[b]Back To Our 1978 Line-Up![/b]

Has anyone else experienced this kind of 'forward-into-the-past' -type weirdness, or am I alone in this??
I thank you! :)

*[size=2]Jokes about Ralgex, Wincarnis and Steradent are very welcome.[/size]
[/quote]

Don't know if this counts but I got back together with our singer from 1974, a few years back (over 30 years later)
and rehearsed in a building around 20 metres from where we were in '74.

My advice - Go for it, it my case it was a blast for over 4 years!

Cheers. :)