Why become a member? ×

Tis the Season of Goodwill

ubassman

Without naming any names , a BIG SHOUT all the movers and shakers who have contributed massively to the coolness , vibe and knowledge sharing of the DB and EUB "lounge' !

Special recognition to GeoffBassist for his fantastic videos, ...StingrayPete for encouraging us to wear hats and take photos ...darn I said I wouldnt name names - this thread could get messy! Happy Christmas everyone!

As a 'mod' in here, I'll extend the same congratulations to you all. No, I don't play db (well, I'm a drummer actually..! :blush: ), but I've learned one heck of a lot of very interesting stuff, simply from reading through the posts here. Best wishes in this festive season; meanwhile...
Have a nice day
Douglas

I agree, well done to all and Happy Christmas.
I am new to the DB (well EUB actually) and have got the confidence and courage to start from reading the posts in this part of BC and am so thankful for the knowledge and experience being shared in this forum (Geoff's videos were a Godsend at first trying to get the technique). I now very rarely play regular electric bass at home, preferring to pluck away with my EUB...
She's my new best friend.

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1387470139' post='2312375']
I've learnt so much great stuff and met fantastic people through the DB lounge. Great big hugs to all you cool dudes out there xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[/quote]

Thanks to Sarah T. for reminding me to always 'dance' with my bass!

[quote name='randythoades' timestamp='1387472267' post='2312423']
I am new to the DB (well EUB actually) and have got the confidence and courage to start from reading the posts in this part of BC and am so thankful for the knowledge and experience being shared in this forum (Geoff's videos were a Godsend at first trying to get the technique).
[/quote]
All the best !

[quote name='Rabbie' timestamp='1387484905' post='2312655']
Great idea for a thread: lots of fantastic guys/gals in this forum and it's great to sprinkle some Christmas magic and say thanks, because I think we all learn a lot on these pages, it's a great resource. Have a swingin' Christmas!
[/quote]
I most certainly have - seasons cheer Rabbie ! :drinks:

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1387492623' post='2312749']
Get well soon Roger
[/quote]

+1 Thanks for letting us know Keith ...have PM'd Roger

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1387492945' post='2312753']
Happy Chrimble to the BassChat DB massive from me. Definitely the friendliest part of the forum IMHO :)
[/quote]
+1 Clarky - thanks for buying so much gear and being our very own GAS test pilot !

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1387494571' post='2312770']
Happy christmas everyone. Thanks for providing a forum where no-one feels the need to argue all the time.
[/quote]
+1! BTW hows Trev coming on?! :D

Edited by ubassman

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1387496626' post='2312796']
We have such a hard job in the DB/EUB Lounge dont we Doug !

[/quote]
[URL=http://www.smileyvault.com/][IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-041.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Cheers for all the information and encouragement this year folks.

As my wife and I are head overseas for christmas we were allowed to open 1 pressie lastnight i got

BONUS

Merry christmas and stay safe folks.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U9AWCEtjTA[/media]

OwenCF

Some of the nicest people on the planet populate the DB section.

Christmas greetings not only to the experienced members who have contributed so much but also to those who are starting on their DB journeys.

I'm not too bad right now, just getting over a bout of pneumonia and looking forward to resuming on 30th Dec. My pizz fingers are a bit buttery but I'll just have to start practicing again!

Wishing you all a lot of DB fulfillment in 2014.

Edited by bassace

+1 again! Merry Xmas one and all. Had a great year gigging my DB, talked myself into buying an EUB thanks to various forum posts (which has proven great for 3am practice sat up with the baby) and thanks to the forum again I also found my bass teacher who got me through my (straight faces please) grade 2 practical and grade 3 theory, so at 35 I'm now as advanced as most 8 year olds...!

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1387532389' post='2312934']
Some of the nicest people on the planet populate the DB section.

Christmas greetings not only to the experienced members who have contributed so much but also to those who are starting on their DB journeys.

I'm not too bad right now, just getting over a bout of pneumonia and looking forward to resuming on 30th Dec. My pizz fingers are a bit buttery but I'll just have to start practicing again!

Wishing you all a lot of DB fulfillment in 2014.
[/quote]

Glad you're feeling better. :)

Happy Holidays everyone.

Seasons Greetings from me too! Sorry I've not been on much lately, due to a house move I was without internet access for a while. This is the without a doubt the friendliest and most helpful double bass forum on the internet! I look forward to learning more from you guys in the new year. Cheers!

[quote name='ubassman']

+1! BTW hows Trev coming on?! :D
[/quote]

Trev's a week overdue now, so we're just sitting at home, twiddling our thumbs and hoping he'll put in an appearance before Christmas. On the plus side, I'm getting in plenty of bass practice.