Why become a member? ×

Pedal power

dudi8

I have a 1Spot and it is does the job. Recently I have invested in a Fuel Tank Jr because I wanted isolated outputs so I could use a doubler to run a pedal at 18v.

Harley Benton do basically the same model for a fraction of the price and I would have got this except it wouldn't fit under a pedaltrain nano like the Fuel Tank Jr can. It also didn't have a UK plug, but that wouldn't be an issue for you.

In short I would advise you to get a Harley Benton Powerplant Junior.

[quote name='Alfie' timestamp='1387485615' post='2312663']
I have a 1Spot and it is does the job. Recently I have invested in a Fuel Tank Jr because I wanted isolated outputs so I could use a doubler to run a pedal at 18v.

Harley Benton do basically the same model for a fraction of the price and I would have got this except it wouldn't fit under a pedaltrain nano like the Fuel Tank Jr can. It also didn't have a UK plug, but that wouldn't be an issue for you.

In short I would advise you to get a Harley Benton Powerplant Junior.
[/quote]

Thanks! but the power plant junior is only 5 isolated power,i need 7-8....

[quote name='Alfie' timestamp='1387487553' post='2312686']
[url="http://beavisaudio.com/techpages/PoweringPedals/"]http://beavisaudio.c...PoweringPedals/[/url]

This page will explain how many mA your board will draw. Seriously, I think the Harley Benton is the best option.
[/quote]

Thanks for the help!! i eventually ordered the cioks schizophrenic

• 3 weeks later...

As long as I didn't connect the Korg PitchBlack+ I could use anything, but that unit caused some strangeness in the signal chain when using a wall wart or power supply with non-isolated outputs. I got the Voodoo Lab Mondo, et voilà: all is good. I can power my more hungry digital effects from that one too and also choose between different voltage settings. Expensive - but paid for!

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] 12 isolated outputs sections eliminate ground loops and hum [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] All outputs compatible with 9V battery operated pedals [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] 6 outputs high-current capable for modern digital effects [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] Powers Strymon, Eventide, Line 6, Boss Twin, TC Nova, Moog and more [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] 2 outputs with Sag simulate low battery[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] Toroidal transformers and linear regulation for lowest possible noise[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] Temperature controlled variable speed fan [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] Includes cables and detachable AC line cord[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] Courtesy AC outlet[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by bassmayhem

I have used 1spots for a few years now, they're great. No noise issues and 1700mA of reliable power which will run a lot of 9v pedals if you use 1 or 2 daisy chains.. It has a really long cord too. But, if you have any pedals needing 12v, then you might be better off with something like a Gig Rig which will do both.

Edited by ratman

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1389098859' post='2329819']
My mate has just bought one, it seems to be the dogs. 3A supply.
[/quote]

Indeedy mate, I've had no trouble with mine [url="http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-power/diago-powerstation.html"]http://www.diago.co....werstation.html[/url] B)

Edited by andydye

i'm actually using the Harley benton Junior, it's powering an 18v pedal with a doubler cable (MXR Blowtorch) i got round the euro plug issue by cutting it off and fitting an iec socket to the lead, it's doing sterling service

i've also got the Palmer version which is very similar but has an iec socket on the main body, does exactly the same job but is more expensive (but i got it cheap secondhand)

one of these psu's would be enough for me but i also use a Line 6 G30 which needs 200mA so actually use both of them at once to run everything.

Matt

I used a One-Spot for years until I used the same unit to power pedals infront of the amp and in the loop at the same time. Then I got bad hum.

I used 2 One-Spots for a while after that.

But eventually I bit the bullet and use a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. It's brilliant and dead quiet. And you can still chain from the outputs as long as you don't exceed the current draw. So for example I have my TC tuner and my Wah chained as the total draw is under 100mA.

I would have bought the Mondo if it had been available though! It wasn't out at the time.