Why become a member? ×

Portable rig

johnwww

Of course, forgot to mention the Schros Muzz. Great cabs, having had a couple of these as well - a Schro 212 is as good a cab as you`ll get, light and extremely loud, really fit in the mix well (tho imo don`t sound great, just ok when soloed but it`s the mix that counts). Great dispersion of sound too - or at least my 410 and 21012 were.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1386235691' post='2297442']
I would prefer the bareface and bergs over the RS in my personal opinion.
[/quote]

The TC gear was flavour of the month a couple of years ago. Everyone was raving about it, then buying it. Then followed a period where the marketplace was flooded with TC gear - especially the amps.

Taste is fickle. However, some people still rate the TC cabs very highly (the Dark Lord, for example).

I think TC amps sound great on ther own and TC cabs sound great with their amps, they were designed to go together, but I don't kow why you don't see many people with the cabs and a different amp.

Thinking about it, the same seems to go for Markbass.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1386255651' post='2297794']
I wouldn't rule out Schroeder cabs. Their 2x12 with 1 angled driver is very small and light and puts out a huge sound. Cheap by comparison to Berg, Aguilar etc too.
[/quote]

What the build quality of these cabs like? They look quite 'DIY' in the photos I have seen?

[quote name='johnwww' timestamp='1386266922' post='2298050']
What the build quality of these cabs like? They look quite 'DIY' in the photos I have seen?
[/quote]

I've been gigging a Schroeder 1515L for two or three years now, build quality is great, it doesn't have a cover but still looks good.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][quote name='graham1945' timestamp='1386321090' post='2298625']
Have just posted in "new Ampeg" thread above, Am very happy with my PF800 and a pair of 210 Pro Neos. Very portable.
[/quote][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Would anyone else recommend Ampeg? The [color=#000000]SVT-112AV could be a good option for me?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='johnwww' timestamp='1386160836' post='2296500']
Hi Guys

I think a 1x15 may be a bit bulky, I don't have a lot of room in the car.

I was thinking at rehearsals I could get away with one cab and just using the second one for gigs.

I don't have an extortionate budget, probably around £400. I only need the one cab for now I can get the other a bit further down the line.

I am using an Ashdown ABM EVO III 500.

Thanks again
John
[/quote]

I've just bought some of the new ABM NEO 210s - fantastic cabs & very portable (same width & depth as ABM head, so don't take up much room, which is why I got them) and perfect match for ABM head also. With a bit of haggling you could get one for close to £400. One is plenty loud enough but you could always add another at a later point.

[quote name='johnwww' timestamp='1386340039' post='2299003'][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Would anyone else recommend Ampeg?[/font][/size]
[/quote]

If portability is you goal, probably not. But portability could just mean small size - in which case some of the smaller Ampeg cabs might fit your bill. If you want light, not the best option.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1386515078' post='2300891']
Two of the Ampeg cabs I can say are quality cabs, the Classic SVT-410HLF, and the Heritage HSVT-410HLF. I can't say about the other Ampeg cabs, but the monsters are still old school Ampeg.
[/quote]

Not exactly what you might call "portable" though, are they? :rolleyes: :D

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1386593526' post='2301832']
If portability is you goal, probably not. But portability could just mean small size - in which case some of the smaller Ampeg cabs might fit your bill. If you want light, not the best option.
[/quote]

Yeh weight is not too much of a factor (within reason), it is more size that I am concerned with.

Cheers
John