Why become a member? ×

Gig bags for your bits and bobs ?

Les

Maplins camera case like Matt P mentioned in post #20. Used them for years, hold together well unless you overfill them and strain the latches. Nice having firm framed boxes rather than something flimsy that can be easily squashed. Got pedals, leads, mics, power brick, spare batteries, tools, torch, strings etc all in there.

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1385916362' post='2293575']
I currently use a smallish holdall that comfortably carries what I need. Leads, tuners, mics, tools, tape etc but it's a bit of a pain cos' it's just one space and it's difficult to find anything. :angry:

Has anyone got a good solution or adapted something that's not gig specific but works a treat ? I was thinking of something like a smallish fishing tackle bag with a large space for leads but some compartments for organising stuff.[/quote]

I've use the middle size one of these; I think they also sell them separately - they did at one time.........
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/flight-case-triple-pack-with-dividers-n50ju"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/flight-case-triple-pack-with-dividers-n50ju[/url]
Enough on open display to see stuff easy with enough dividers to keep stuff tidy too. Maplins is a great place for repair kit, so in the case I've also got at the same time; a soldering iron, switch-cleaner spray, spare Neutrik jacks, straight, angled + a jack socket, allen keys, screwdrivers, gaffa tape, cuddly-toy, teas-maid, good game good game etc etc.

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1394412740' post='2391187']
Here you can see it just after the studio, the only thing removed are the full sized akg headphones.

If I'd have thought a head I could have ditched one of the bags I took this weekend and put my laptop etc in this.

Also has enough space for 2-3 days of clothes
[/quote]

That looks good, where's that from?

I'm using the Mono Producer bag, as I have been impressed by the build quality of their gig bags, and then found one of these for sale pretty cheap so thought I'd give it a go.

Really nicely put together, as is all Mono stuff.

I have the following loaded in mine:[list]
[*]3 instrument leads
[*]3 patch leads
[*]1 tuner
[*]2 speaker cables
[*]2 mains leads
[*]1 socket tester
[*]1 circuit breaker
[*]1 shure mic with stand adaptor
[*]1 Bassbone pedal with PSU
[*]1 Radial Bigshot i/o pedal
[*]1 Zoom HD recorder with stand and PSU
[*]my usual tool kit (2 screw drivers, 2 allen keys, string cutters, 1 capo, 1 string action gauge)
[*]ear plugs
[*]lever arch file with music
[*]2 pens
[*]business cards
[*]car keys and mobile
[/list]
I have another Gator bag that houses stuff I use less frequently as well, such as guitar stands, extension leads etc.

Edited by walbassist

I've got a Mono Producer bag just like Walbassist. It's excellent, it really is, but like all Mono products it ain't cheap. Unless you get lucky like Walbassist sounds to have done.

What I've also got, from a charity shop for a tenner, is one of those semi-rigid cabin luggage bags with little wheels and a retractable handle. About the size of a fat briefcase and the sort you see suits parading around airports and railway stations with. It was cheap, carries a lot and the wheelie function is great.

Edited by Len_derby

For me it's cheap and cheerful - a small/medium plastic toolbox for mike, leads, FX, Power, footswitch, XLR leads, spare DI box , tools and small bits and bats.
I also have a drummer's Rockbag that I use for my mikestand, guitar stands and other (spare) longer speaker leads, XLR to jack leads etc

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1394461120' post='2391551']
I thought about the 365 but am concerned that if my bass is on my back then how do I put another bag on my back and if my pedalboard is at my side I have the same issue there as well.
[/quote]

I had the same problem last year, I bought a really great backpack but found it was a pain to carry with my gig bag, so I sold it [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198256-mono-kondensor-musicians-backpack/page__p__1961082__hl__mono__fromsearch__1#entry1961082"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198256-mono-kondensor-musicians-backpack/page__p__1961082__hl__mono__fromsearch__1#entry1961082[/url]

I bought a decent messenger type bag, but since buying a Vertigo gig bag, I'm stuck for places to keep tuners and straps and spare batteries in.

That Mono bag Walbassist has looks brilliant :) .

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1394455173' post='2391445']
Wow you gig with no cables?
[/quote]
yup. I'm using Flea's 'superbowl' bass ;)
Seriously though all that stuff fits in my bass gigbag.

Edited by paul_5