Why become a member? ×

Alembic customer service - Anyone had experience?

Wolverinebass

About a month ago one of the screws which hold the adjustable nut on had fallen out. Okay, it's a really stupid imperial size 5/64ths of an inch and worse still happens to be an allen bolt. In other words it appears to be about as rare as unicorn tears to find in the UK. So I thought I might get a replacement and a few other things from them as well that might come in useful. However, after more than a month aside from an automatic system generated reply I've not heard anything. Surely someone on the forum has had some reason to contact them. Is this typical or not? It just kind of strikes me that a month to reply to an email seems a tad long.

I would go the 'Owning an Alembic' page here http://alembic.com/cgi-bin/alembic-club/discus.cgi?pg=topics and entitle it 'Calling MIca ... nut problem' or such like (Mica being the front person of Alembic and also quite helpful in my experience). Best of luck!

I have found from person experience with Alembic is that it's always better to phone than to email. It is a small family business and so it can take a while to get to your emails.
I recently have ordered some electronic upgrade bits for my bass. I'm fairly certain they have not been shipped yet as there are some work Ron Wickersham has to do on them. I have to speak to her anyway about my order soor so if it's any help I can ask her to drop a couple of the screws for your adjustable nut in the package and post them on to you when they arrive.

Jazzyvee

• 2 weeks later...