Why become a member? ×

Help out a BC member - ALL DONE, THANKS EVERYONE!

Skol303

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1387284347' post='2310170']
I thought I voted. Maybe it didn't register or something.
[/quote]

Sorry seashell! I'd only tallied the people who had voted and posted about it in this thread - I have no way of knowing who clicked the voting link itself.

I've now added your name to the 'roll of honour' in the the post above :D

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1387296208' post='2310400']
Sorry seashell! I'd only tallied the people who had voted and posted about it in this thread - I have no way of knowing who clicked the voting link itself.

I've now added your name to the 'roll of honour' in the the post above :D
[/quote]

Oh yes, I should have thought of that! :blush:
Many thanks :)

Voting now over. We didn't win :-( [url="http://blog.intuit.co.uk/8015/who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update"]http://blog.intuit.co.uk/8015/who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update[/url] But great effort everybody and thanks for voting. Maybe next time!

[quote name='paulflan0151' timestamp='1387308188' post='2310580']
Voting now over. We didn't win :-( [url="http://blog.intuit.co.uk/8015/who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update"]http://blog.intuit.co.uk/8015/who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=who-won-1000-loveourlocalbusiness-com-grants-wishes-update[/url] But great effort everybody and thanks for voting. Maybe next time!
[/quote]

That sucks, sorry Paul...but keep up the good work.

Well dammit but at least we gave it a good shot!

Thanks to everyone who got behind this campaign. We weren't far off the winner in terms of votes... and if it's any consolation at least the grand prize went to a music-related project.

Well done all. This is the stuff that makes Basschat great :)

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1387314301' post='2310677']
Well done, indeed, BCers. Good job, folks. B)

I had a look at the 'wishers' chosen to receive funds. I didn't understand much about how these are granted... :blink:
[/quote]
Yep one of the wishers SOHOST or something got 80 votes 80! And still won, oh well. A great effort b y everybody, I'll keep looking into funding for acoustic instruments and see if anything come us. Thanks peeps :-)

[quote name='paulflan0151' timestamp='1387363110' post='2311026']
Yep one of the wishers SOHOST or something got 80 votes 80! And still won, oh well. A great effort b y everybody, I'll keep looking into funding for acoustic instruments and see if anything come us. Thanks peeps :-)
[/quote]Yeah - perhaps your slogan wasn't up to the quality :rolleyes: of SOHOST's " IT'S NOT A BROTHEL IT'S A WORKHOUSE"

Best of luck for the future & maybe better luck next time.

John

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1387366390' post='2311079']
Do you have any concepts for acoustic instruments? Maybe if enough people got interested and put down deposits it would be enough to cover the initial outlay?
[/quote] Not sure I'd be up for taking peoples money considering I haven't made a acoustic instrument before, if it didn't turn out right then I'd have to refund the moneys. A good idea though Charic. I did think about a basschat lottery. People could buy tickets until a certain amount was reached, this amount would then go to say a luthier in the affiliates market place who could buy tools and/or materials and give a bass/ product as a prize. It would be like giving to charity or helping to fund small bass related business but you could win a bass etc. This is how people used to fund stuff years ago. Of course I could be missing a massive flaw this idea, but it's just a thought.