Why become a member? ×

CDs you don't listen to anymore.

fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1383483673' post='2264855']
What do you do with them?

eBay, or forum sales or charity shop donations?

I have loads I doubt I'll ever listen to again, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to list 200 items when it seems an awful lot of CDs on eBay only make 99p!

Anyone used services like Music Magpie?
[/quote]
Amazon.

I buy CDs, immediately rip them to my PC then put the CD in a box in the attic.

I figure that if I sell them or give them away then I no longer have any right to listen to them because that would be effectively the same as just copying them for free.

Since my hard drive can easily store all my music and my attic can easily store all my CDs then there's little point wasting my time by sorting through my collection to throw out stuff I rarely listen to, so I don't.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1383483673' post='2264855']
What do you do with them?

eBay, or forum sales or charity shop donations?

I have loads I doubt I'll ever listen to again, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to list 200 items when it seems an awful lot of CDs on eBay only make 99p!

Anyone used services like Music Magpie?
[/quote]

Relatively little effort for nearly £200!
I'm loathe to get rid of CDs but if I have to I generally give them to the charity shop. It warms the soul.

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1383496684' post='2265038']
I buy CDs, immediately rip them to my PC then put the CD in a box in the attic.

I figure that if I sell them or give them away then I no longer have any right to listen to them because that would be effectively the same as just copying them for free.

Since my hard drive can easily store all my music and my attic can easily store all my CDs then there's little point wasting my time by sorting through my collection to throw out stuff I rarely listen to, so I don't.
[/quote]

I'm currently in the middle of ripping all my CDs to my hard drive and will be putting all the discs in the loft, I wouldn't want to sell in case my hard drive went pear shaped and I couldn't retrieve them all.
It's great fun finding all those CDs I haven't seen for years :)