Why become a member? ×

no bids.

Any idea why this had no bids. i have mailed him about splitting the cabs and head. still waiting to hear.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRACE-ELLIOT-350-WATT-STACK-WITH-PAIR-OF-2-X-10-CABS_W0QQitemZ320263842083QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRACE-ELLIOT-350-WAT...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

The seller has got back to me and this is his reply. As this was the second listing and need the money I would be looking at £100 for each cab and £100 the amp. this sounds pretty reasonable to me. but mertons post in particular has got me wondering about the cabs. advice needed i think. ta.

I'd be inclined to agree that the cabs don't appear to be TE cabs. I've owned TE in the past and they don't look like the style of any that I've seen, @ £100 the head appears a bit of a better deal. If you are buying the cabs just as a pair of 2x10 cabs then fair enough but @ £100 a piece I'd be wanting to try out those cabs in a real life setting before parting with folding stuff for them :)

[quote name='ash2008' post='226776' date='Jun 25 2008, 04:06 PM']Anyone have experience with the head in the auction?worth 100 quid? better than ashdown mag 300 or hartke ha4000, which are also going for 100 quid!too many options![/quote]
My personal choice would be the Trace head of those three, Hartke 2nd and Ashdown 3rd. They're all damn good prices though (Ashdown less so coz they're pretty cheap brand new now I think??)

I picked the cabs up this afternoon. i managed to get them both for £180. i'm happy with sound and i though it was a good deal. the amp i left. when you depressed the EQ button it made a noise that sounded like a dry joint. a tap on top of the amp and it made it disappear. could be still a bargain at a £100 or even less.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='228248' date='Jun 27 2008, 07:38 PM']I picked the cabs up this afternoon. i managed to get them both for £180. i'm happy with sound and i though it was a good deal. the amp i left. when you depressed the EQ button it made a noise that sounded like a dry joint. a tap on top of the amp and it made it disappear. could be still a bargain at a £100 or even less.[/quote]

did you discuss whether they were actually TE cabs ? - like others I've not seen TE cabs like that previously.
I reckon amp could be a good buy for someone handy with a soldering iron - although I haven't seen the insides of that amp series to know how easy it is to access the components.

I went with my mate who was going to buy the amp. he said fixing the dry joint was'nt a problem but finding it, he could'nt be bothered. the guy who was selling was williong to let it go for £100. as for the cabs. i'm not sure if they are genuine TE's, but i had a good play with them and they sounded pretty good.