Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='797091' date='Apr 5 2010, 11:55 PM']A photo from a recent band practice for a band i was depping with

[/quote]

There is something so very wrong with the picture. The bassist is fine and the bass is fine also. Its just they should not be together, the bass is with the wrong bassist :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='Duarte' post='814523' date='Apr 22 2010, 12:50 AM']if you were to put him into a category I suppose he would be 'Classic Autism' - but when I started working with him about a year ago I was told he had "Severe autism, learning disabilities and other challenging behaviours". He can't speak, but can understand what is being said to him to an extent, whether he chooses to acknowledge what you say is another story! I firmly believe that he is a genius in his own right. He uses his little book (which is there in the picture) to point at a picture of something that he wants (usually a jigsaw puzzle, pancakes or 'the shop') and we can communicate by using hand gestures such as high fives or waving.

I gave him my first ever bass, an encore P bass, and he loves it! ...however he just puts it in his mouth...we'll get there though![/quote]

I really admire people like you who do this sort of work helping others who really can't support themselves. I think it takes a very special person to do what you do. Keep up the good work fella. :)

From our sax/keys/everything player's 50th birthday party gig-ette last night. Blurry, but I kinda like it actually. Yay, I'm officially a Bass Player In A Hat :)

[attachment=49296:meeeee.jpg]

[quote name='Rich' post='832221' date='May 9 2010, 02:27 PM']From our sax/keys/everything player's 50th birthday party gig-ette last night. Blurry, but I kinda like it actually. Yay, I'm officially a Bass Player In A Hat :rolleyes:

[attachment=49296:meeeee.jpg][/quote]

Alan's only 50?
Amazing!
Great picture :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='832239' date='May 9 2010, 02:43 PM']Alan's only 50?
Amazing!
Great picture :)[/quote]
I reckon Alan looks about 40, never mind 50 :rolleyes:
was a great night, Al played a song on every instrument in the band :lol: he even played sitar on one. It was interesting to hear my bass in someone else's hands. We clubbed together and bought him a trumpet.

[quote name='OldGit' post='826891' date='May 3 2010, 10:13 PM']PA man must have been too That mic's mic'ing a piece of wood.....[/quote]
Aye, sound guy was a tosser, didn't have a clue what he was doing and he was just a class A arsehole.

[quote name='Marvin' post='826948' date='May 3 2010, 11:03 PM']If you're referring to mr BudgetBassist, I think he's drunk in that one :)[/quote]
:lol: only a little :lol:

[quote name='Linus27' post='831614' date='May 8 2010, 05:53 PM']There is something so very wrong with the picture. The bassist is fine and the bass is fine also. Its just they should not be together, the bass is with the wrong bassist :lol: :lol:[/quote]
The bass chooses the bassist :lol:

[quote name='OldGit' post='826886' date='May 3 2010, 10:10 PM']Cheeky!
I'm very happy mostly, unless discussing pay to play :rolleyes:[/quote]
I joke of course!
I've been doing a bit of pay to play recently, helping a friend out.... he owes me big time

Edited by budget bassist

Don't think I've posted in this thread yet, so here goes

[attachment=49339:IMG_9618.jpg]
Giving it some

[attachment=49340:IMG_9589_B_W.jpg]
Calm before the storm

Both photos taken by my extremely talented brother-in law. More of his work can be found [url="http://beolens.redbubble.com/"]HERE[/url] and [url="http://www.ashleybeolens.co.uk/"]HERE[/url].

A

Okay, not sure if I've posted in here yet, so here's a couple of shots from Saturday night, playing with the Spaced Invaders (80s electro/new romantic tribute band, hence the shades, hoping not to be recognised)

and for those of you who will undoubtedly say, what's that bass? Can I see it closer, I say yes, but you'll have to look around the guitar player, who is rather bright...

and if you wanted to check if I was married, or where i rest my thumb sometimes, here's this one, my favourite pic of me this week.

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='835603' date='May 12 2010, 07:42 PM']and for those of you who will undoubtedly say, what's that bass? Can I see it closer, I say yes, but you'll have to look around the guitar player, who is rather bright...

[/quote]

Guitarists eh? Always hogging the limelight.

[quote name='Rich' post='832221' date='May 9 2010, 02:27 PM']From our sax/keys/everything player's 50th birthday party gig-ette last night. Blurry, but I kinda like it actually. Yay, I'm officially a Bass Player In A Hat :)

[attachment=49296:meeeee.jpg][/quote]

Cool! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Marvin' post='835617' date='May 12 2010, 07:56 PM']Very cool, love those shades mate :)

Out of interest who's your drummer? He looks familiar.[/quote]

Pete Layton, he plays with Don and Paul Lewis (aka Some old Bloke, His son and another feller) quite a lot as well.

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='835956' date='May 13 2010, 10:16 AM']Pete Layton, he plays with Don and Paul Lewis (aka Some old Bloke, His son and another feller) quite a lot as well.[/quote]

I thought it was Pete. Knew him some while back, but he won't remember me. He might remember my brother.
Cheers.

[quote name='Rich' post='832270' date='May 9 2010, 03:27 PM']I reckon Alan looks about 40, never mind 50 :)
was a great night, Al played a song on every instrument in the band :lol: he even played sitar on one. It was interesting to hear my bass in someone else's hands. We clubbed together and bought him a trumpet.[/quote]

Yeah stunning skill level and breadth of musical ability. Every band should have one ...
He didn't already have a trumpet? Amazing :rolleyes: