Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1478970372' post='3173065']
Interesting pic!

And a wonderful pair of specs!
Is that bar across the middle not distracting?
[/quote]

I'll let the artist know. :)

Thanks! I love them for many reasons.

No trouble with the bar. The upper lenses are distance lenses and thus the "main" glasses. One looks "through the middle" of these lenses, and the bar becomes just like the frame of other glasses: it lets you know where the effect of the lenses stops.
The lower lenses are "reading" lenses, but the ultra-genius is they're adapted to objects farther away than a book - more like a laptop screen or, importantly, the car dashboard.
Absolutely brilliant.
So with these, without nodding or adapting one's eyes, one can keep track of the traffic as well as the dashboard, or watch tv whilst posting nonsense on BC.

At the same time one saves money, as no expensive bi-focal or vari-focal lenses are needed, and one pays for one frame only. Plus, one doesn't need to carry reading glasses when leaving the house, as the dashboard/laptop lenses are good enough for that.
Absolutely bloody brilliant specs in every respect, and highly recommended. :)

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1479048543' post='3173512']
Yesss! Finally! You're the answer to my dreams, desires and lusts! Let's meet soon, baby!
BTW, the person holding you isn't too shabby either! I like her.
;)
[/quote]

If you're nice to her she might let you play me ;)

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1478984927' post='3173193']

No trouble with the bar. The upper lenses are distance lenses and thus the "main" glasses. One looks "through the middle" of these lenses, and the bar becomes just like the frame of other glasses: it lets you know where the effect of the lenses stops.
The lower lenses are "reading" lenses, but the ultra-genius is they're adapted to objects farther away than a book - more like a laptop screen or, importantly, the car dashboard.
Absolutely brilliant.
So with these, without nodding or adapting one's eyes, one can keep track of the traffic as well as the dashboard, or watch tv whilst posting nonsense on BC.

At the same time one saves money, as no expensive bi-focal or vari-focal lenses are needed, and one pays for one frame only. Plus, one doesn't need to carry reading glasses when leaving the house, as the dashboard/laptop lenses are good enough for that.
[/quote]

Amazing. I'm going to damage my eyesight today so I can get some too

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1478957669' post='3172961']
Time for an update, as I've grown very old.
My luvverly little friend and surrogate grandchild, the 6-year-old from next door, was supposed to play Sudoku on my 15 years old Nokia. Instead, she quickly ran through the menus and took pics of everything she saw - - mainly of my dog of course, but also this one of me.

[url="http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/Bert%202016%20-%20512x596_zpsfj1kxhgf.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Love the glasses. Your discription paints a great picture and something of interest to me.
Seems like you can still peer over the top for a 'Selfie' as well. :)

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1479204791' post='3174675']
Amazing. I'm going to damage my eyesight today so I can get some too
[/quote]

Great OTB thinking! Wasn't thinking of this, but since you've opened my eyes so to speak, I command you to source one of those Citroën C6 cars that go so well with these specs. :)
Yes, I'm aware you miss your C6. You need a new one.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1479206694' post='3174702']
Love the glasses. Your discription paints a great picture and something of interest to me.
Seems like you can still peer over the top for a 'Selfie' as well. :)
[/quote]

The brand is Theo Eyewear, and the model is named Bi-Cycle. They're still available. Theo had a smilar model earlier, but those were square, and the frame looked like two "H" letters. Fugly IMHO.
Peering: yup, the glasses are normally being worn slightly lower than the same shape with just two lenses in them.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1479228675' post='3174911']

Great OTB thinking! Wasn't thinking of this, but since you've opened my eyes so to speak, I command you to source one of those Citroën C6 cars that go so well with these specs. :)
Yes, I'm aware you miss your C6. You need a new one
[/quote]

I just missed out on a rare 3L petrol one but to be honest my heart wasn't in it. They're getting impossible to look after. I could be tempted with a DS though ;)

I think I actually need glasses. Booked an eye test but forgot to go. Where do they do memory tests.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1479229675' post='3174925']
I could be tempted with a DS though ;)
[/quote]

Too much time on your hands? ;) Nobody wanted to touch them, so a bloke I know who loved the challenge got a lot of DS work shoved his way.
I love them, BTW, but have no pic of me with one - which kinda would've kept it On Topic. :)

A few from Saturday night just gone:-

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479249191496_zpsbnj8mocy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Richard_Pain/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479249191496_zpsbnj8mocy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479249256266_zps1oebgjbl.jpg.html][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Richard_Pain/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479249256266_zps1oebgjbl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479250112435_zpsj7s3igcg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Richard_Pain/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479250112435_zpsj7s3igcg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Pain/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479249851920_zpsm1lmr1dn.jpg.html][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Richard_Pain/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1479249851920_zpsm1lmr1dn.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1479250557' post='3175150']
A few from Saturday night just gone:-
[/quote]

Oh, man! Almost everything about this shouted "Rock!"
Then why the Hull did you open that "Penis Size Reduction" spam mail, and click on the "Buy A 5-String Now" link?
;)

(PS Great pics, and I love my Ray 5-H)

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1479288208' post='3175284']

Oh, man! Almost everything about this shouted "Rock!"
Then why the Hull did you open that "Penis Size Reduction" spam mail, and click on the "Buy A 5-String Now" link?
;)

(PS Great pics, and I love my Ray 5-H)
[/quote]

Well I had to do something if I didn't want to keep getting arrested every time I wore shorts in public!

:lol:

They are great basses though. Just got this a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving how the aggressive bite in the tone really cuts through.

Edited by Painy

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1478984927' post='3173193']

Absolutely brilliant.

[/quote]

Interesting.
I've recently got a pair of varifocals & I can't get on with them at all. They do three things really badly instead of one thing well.

• 4 months later...