Why become a member? ×

New TC combo's

rubis

Some tasty looking new combo's from TC, surely something for everyone now? I see there is the facility for 2 toneprints now, and you can plug in an extention cab into the 208 combo. Wish they'd make the 1x15 and 2x8 cab available separately.....that might be interesting! Maybe they will update the BH250 head for 2 toneprints too? [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/bass/combos/"]http://www.tcelectronic.com/bass/combos/[/url]

what's the craic with the toneprint stuff? to me it seems like a good idea, but a bit gimmicky... but I dunno do folk would ever use it? like- why? surely somethingl ike a bass Pod would be more user friendly if you want all that stuff?

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1380751405' post='2230236']
what's the craic with the toneprint stuff? to me it seems like a good idea, but a bit gimmicky... but I dunno do folk would ever use it? like- why? surely somethingl ike a bass Pod would be more user friendly if you want all that stuff?
[/quote]

I use the SpectraComp on the toneprint and keep it on all the time. I`m not really an effect guy but I bought the amp for its weight and power and the toneprint is just a handy extra. If I was going to use the toneprint more, I would get a foot switch for it.

[quote]If they brought out a 1x8 or maybe even a 1x10 I would struggle to hang onto my cash. A small home practice amp to rival the Line 6 Studio 110 :D[/quote] That's a good point, I think TC are missing out a few tricks here, a smaller practice/rehearsal combo and also more powerful versions of the Toneprint range

The 2x8 would be a pretty good home practice and gigging combo, it's pretty small and is the only one where you can hook up an extra cab.
I think the only thing missing is say a 2x8 extension cab, or maybe a 10" sub that would sit snugly underneath...

I got my old model BG250 for £269 from absolute music and before I bought it I joined their VIP club for the 3 year warranty. I was not bothered too much about the toneprint I just wanted a reasonable light weight amp that would hold up with a drummer and guitars for jamming. That said I loaded the spectracomp toneprint to replace the chorus with no worries straight outta the box, its been on all afternoon with me playing Bass or running my ipod through it while busy, thought I would give it a soak test. Im very pleased so far just need to find some people now who share my taste for classic rock and 80s hair metal who can stand my root note plonkings. yeah the 2 x 8 looks interesting haha. no more GAS for me now am selling bits and pieces and saving for my xmas present an epiphone hummingbird acoustic. happy day though with my new bg 250

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1380814505' post='2230992']
The 2x8 would be a pretty good home practice and gigging combo, it's pretty small and is the only one where you can hook up an extra cab.
I think the only thing missing is say a 2x8 extension cab, or maybe a 10" sub that would sit snugly underneath...
[/quote]

Yeah but I'm thinking more for the er... spacially challenged :D

And get those knobs on the front while your at it, I want to be able to stack stuff on top of it ;)

They have listened to me (or may be they've done the obvious) by adding a second tone print :) . For those who complain about the lack of external cab on this amp, you can always buy two combos and link them via the DI-out to the aux-in (and have a bonus preamp if you have two basses :) So... how much is the 2*8 or the 2*10 in the UK ? :)