Why become a member? ×

The Best Bass to injure yourself with ?

Toddy

Fender P lefty,
During one song, (in the old days prior to midi)
I would leave a padlock on the synth key to hold the note whilst I played bass on the verse.
I would then knock the lock off with the head of my bass turn around and hightail it to my mic for the chorus vocal.
Cue girl in stage wing popping head out to see what was going on.....Sp-dang!!!! :crazy:

I made the chorus, next thing I saw the medics tending to her on the ground, oops.

Met her 20 years later, she reminded me of the incident,
I was sure I could see the "Fender" logo imprinted backwards on her forehead!
Nodd

Dont know if this counts but I once strung my first bass ( Marlin Sidewinder ) with strings that over the bridge was just the inner wire core ( Elites? Help?),dont know if you can still get em? Anyways,needless to say a weak point.E string snapped at the bridge,whipped round and hit our singer in the face! Singer wished it was a G string I think.

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1380903612' post='2232282']
I reckon a BC Rich Ironbird made of Iron would do the job properly
[/quote]

I've got one of those made out of quilted Maple, it's probably stronger than steel ;)

Edited by Lorne

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1380999308' post='2233303']
Borrowed on of those ridiculous BC Rich funny shaped things a while back at a practice. Unfortunately it didn't have a strap...you can't sit down and play one of those things without it causing pain to some part of your thigh.
[/quote]

I have 6 USA B.C.Riches, none hurt my thigh, although I did once have a B.C.Rich Eagle, and that hurt