Why become a member? ×

King Crimson is GO!

Steve Woodcock

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1380056663' post='2220360']
Just heard about this - awesome news!
If only it was Harrison Bruford & Mastelotto......
[/quote]

When I saw a (text only) copy of the DGM Live announcement, referring to 'Mr Bill', I immediately thought Bruford as well.

Still, B. Rieflin is a great drummer - he played with the Toyah/Fripp 'Humans' project recently, and also the DGM band Ten Seconds a while back. Look for a track called 'The Last Three Minutes'

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1380060929' post='2220454']
Awesome! Jakko's in, haven't heard a pipsqueak about him for over 20 years.
[/quote]

Jakko has been on the Crimson periphery for a while - he fronted a couple of incarnations of 21st Century Schizoid Band, and also did A Scarcity Of Miracles with Fripp and Mel C last year (which also featured TLev and Gav I think)

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1380099618' post='2220663']
Jakko has been on the Crimson periphery for a while - he fronted a couple of incarnations of 21st Century Schizoid Band, and also did A Scarcity Of Miracles with Fripp and Mel C last year (which also featured TLev and Gav I think)
[/quote]

Ah, thank you!

Mel C?!

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1380099399' post='2220659']
Wow. Wow... and wow. Robert "Sinatra" Fripp comes out of retirement!

Although I've seen Fripp with the League of Crafty Guitarists, KC remain one of the few bands that jostle for the position of favourite act ever that I've never actually seen live. #excited
[/quote]

Likewise. I might actually try and get to see them this time around. Haven't listened to anything since Thrak, but this sounds like an interesting line up...nice to see Levin still in there, and three drummers could be cool.

"Elephant Talk" with a sax...
Yup! Tractor Seal of Approval.

Saw them in 2002 or thereabouts, not expecting much in terms of shared music experience between audience and band, but they blew me away (or belewed me away - he was very charming too), and Fripp both smiled - no less - and applauded the audience.

Much to my surprise: a shockingly great musical experience.
(Normal Fripperantics wouldn't have been appreciated by me.)