Why become a member? ×

Another jaw drop price : this time for a 61Jazzer

MisterFingers

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1379533134' post='2213915']
Just looked at his other listings and spotted my old 63 refin which I only sold on BassChat a few months ago [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1963-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-OLYMPIC-WHITE-REFINISH-/181203110851?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a308c0bc3"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a308c0bc3[/url]
[/quote]

It does look quite nice to me. How much did you sell it for?

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1379533134' post='2213915']
Just looked at his other listings and spotted my old 63 refin which I only sold on BassChat a few months ago http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1963-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-OLYMPIC-WHITE-REFINISH-/181203110851?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a308c0bc3
[/quote]

Love how Andy's precisions were made on 5th of the month and his jazzes we're built on the 7th of the month. :) :)
Fender must have only built bases two days a month back then!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1379538657' post='2214053']
Quite a few of Andy's basses are sold on commission so sometimes the owner will be setting the opening price (although Andy gives great advice on price estimates).
[/quote]
I've no complaints at all. I sold for a fair price and my guess is the seller has just added on Andy's commission to break even. Even if he hasn't , its not my bass any more and none of my business!

To my knowledge, that's a reasonable price in the UK. There's hardly any over here, and when they turn up, they command serious dosh. Blonde is also the rarest of all the finishes on these, even as worn as this example, probably a large handful in existence still. Top gear fetches top prices. Andy knows the market better than anyone, and will price accordingly. As has been mentioned, the commission pieces will often have the buyer state the price, although if he thinks they are asking too much, he'll decline to sell it......its his reputation, and his shop after all. Unlike many 'dealers', Andy has consistently shifted gear, particularly over the past 2-3 years, when the economy has suffered. Some of the rarest stuff seen recently in the UK, has passed through Andys hands, and I for one, have enjoyed spending time at his studio noodling around on many of them. Big price?, yes, without doubt, worth it? depends how bad you want one I guess. It's worth what someone will pay for it, and I don't doubt for a second that it will sell for close to this price.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1379706755' post='2216075']
To my knowledge, that's a reasonable price in the UK. There's hardly any over here, and when they turn up, they command serious dosh. Blonde is also the rarest of all the finishes on these, even as worn as this example, probably a large handful in existence still. Top gear fetches top prices. Andy knows the market better than anyone, and will price accordingly. As has been mentioned, the commission pieces will often have the buyer state the price, although if he thinks they are asking too much, he'll decline to sell it......its his reputation, and his shop after all. Unlike many 'dealers', Andy has consistently shifted gear, particularly over the past 2-3 years, when the economy has suffered. Some of the rarest stuff seen recently in the UK, has passed through Andys hands, and I for one, have enjoyed spending time at his studio noodling around on many of them. Big price?, yes, without doubt, worth it? depends how bad you want one I guess. It's worth what someone will pay for it, and I don't doubt for a second that it will sell for close to this price.
[/quote]

Very well written Rick.
Andy's basses do seam to sell quicker that other dealers, I guess Andy's prices can't be far off.
Andy Is a great guy to deal with.

P.s , if I had the cash I would love to own that stack jazz :)