Why become a member? ×

How do you stop your lightweight amp from wandering off?

Guest MoJo

I use the slipmat stuff that is similar to the Maplins offering but got it from B&M bargains for 79p for a massive roll. It's bright green but then so is the logo on my bergs so looks intentional rather than me being a tight-fisted git!

Edited by mr zed

Anti slip mat thing, not even sure where I got it, just found it at home and lifted it :P Craig Fletcher from John Lees' Barclay James Harvest also uses some to stop his Mesa walkabout head uhm...going walkabout :P So there ya go, celebrity cult status for a little bit of rubber matting haha.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1379280740' post='2210894']
Closed cell foam from ebay, cut with a stanley knife and holes made by hand with a large drillbit:

[/quote]

That's a mega neat job

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1379280740' post='2210894']
Closed cell foam from ebay, cut with a stanley knife and holes made by hand with a large drillbit:

[/quote]
Now that is neat!

I too used that non-slip-mat stuff to stop an IEM transmitter from plummeting from the top of my bass stack (at that time, an Ashdown ABM rig). I still use a piece between my TC head and BF cab(s) but I'm wondering now whether I really need to. I have put bigger feet on my TC so that it will clear the Midget's handle, but they are cut-down door-stops, and are made of hard plastic rather than non-slip rubber. For this reason, even if the cab [i]shouldn't[/i] vibrate, I don't want to risk it. Plus the bass drum pedal about 4ft away could just as easily be the culprit!

Edited by JapanAxe