Why become a member? ×

Most popular Amp ?

dmccombe7

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1379428902' post='2212579']
Line6 POD X3 LIVE. Because real amps and cabs are a pain in the arse (heavy, expensive, limited sounds), and because I can get almost any sound I want from the POD, loads of amp, cab and mic sims in a tiny box :D
[/quote]

But only if you play in venues with good PA systems, or you take your own. But real PA amps and cabs are a pain in the.... see above! :D

I used to have a harke rig but was way too heavy, loved the sound.

I currently use a Jeff Berlin combo and BF compact. I nearly always run at full volume and I tried an ampeg rig and much preferred the sound.

I suspect I may go with an ampeg head, maybe a portaflex and get a BF super twin in the long run.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1379687341' post='2215746']
Add a Genz Benz GBE 750 to the statistics.
:) :) :)

(Excited as Hull: ordered yesterday, paid today, and should be with me within two weeks.)
[/quote]

Ah ha so you went for GBE750 - nice one Basstractor. Definitely considered that one myself but have a severe hankering for GK 2001RB or Ampeg SVT4 altho i'm not 100% sure why.

Good luck.
Dave

EBS (see my signature). Those amps and cabs really work for me. As long as EBS are still in business I can't see myself using anything else. Their prices are a bit of a draw back though.

But, if all EBS amps and cabs mysteriously vanished overnight I would go back to Hartke. Quite different to EBS, but I love the Hartke tone.