Why become a member? ×

Putting band logos on drum heads.

Marvin

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1377708396' post='2190671']
Obvious question, but why should the drummer not be sorting this out?
To answer your question, seek out Signage companies, as they do livery/stickers for vans in custom shapes and designs
[/quote]

Because drummers are useless at this kind of thing, full of talk and no action, waiting for someone else to do it. In my experience , of course.

I think band logos or designs on bass drums are rather cool. Our drummer wants to proclaim " AWESOME", on his for some reason.

Think I'll get something else made up to stick on instead , now I know where to go for lettering. D I C etc

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1377708876' post='2190686']
Good evening, Marvin...

Here, although there are many others...

[url="http://www.customskins.co.uk/"]http://www.customskins.co.uk/[/url]

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

I can vouch for Custom Skins. fast, friendly and effiecient.

They did a great job on my last band's bass drum head.

Slightly off topic here, but I once did a gig with a drummer that had a (20 year old) photo of himself, and his name, on his kick drum head. And he turned out to be a terrible drummer. Another case of all the toys but no talent. That was a painfully long night.

Back on topic, the only pain in the ass here is if you play in more than one band. You'll forever be swapping heads for gigs.

I did think about getting our kick drum skin done but then thought about where most of our gigs are - pubs, where the bass drum is below eye level and hidden behind our singers legs. I went for a banner for behind the band so all the audience could see who we are. Just my 2p worth....

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1377772540' post='2191521']
I did think about getting our kick drum skin done but then thought about where most of our gigs are - pubs, where the bass drum is below eye level and hidden behind our singers legs. I went for a banner for behind the band so all the audience could see who we are. Just my 2p worth....
[/quote]

I did both! You never know who may be laying on the floor in front of the band.

Marvin, there are loads of places you can get them done. If, however, you're looking for personal recommendations it's a plus 1 from me for the guy BassBunny sent you the link to.

He did ours, and when he depped for us he rolled up with one with our name on it and" plus Alyerpal" fitted to his kick drum, Top bloke and good work.