Why become a member? ×

As I am bored, I have to ask a silly question ; who here has a yellow bass ? ;)

That's NOT green!

This is green!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:109199]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:34313]

And one showing the MYUNG too

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:89447]

Although i REALLY like this colour

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:90464]

Probably due to my conservartive upbringing and my instinctive good taste , I am much too sensible to have ever owned a bass in any of these ridiculous colours . However , that doesn't stop me from casting a sideways glace at them and wondering what it would be like to come home to the offbeat charms of one of these monstrocities . It's like looking at a Chav woman in the supermarket sporting gaudy makeup and offensive children and wondering what it would be like if you gave her a job as your cleaning lady and let her into your home . Would she steal from you and laugh all the way to Cash Converters , or would you end up giving her a special Dingus "Christmas bonus " one afternoon and run away together to start a new life on benefits in Luton ? Could I , Lord Dingus of Nowhere In Particular , really go out in public with a yellow bass ? Or a green one ? Or a woman who buys her clothes from a sports shop ? I've got a red bass , but even that is Fiesta Red , a classic Fender 1960's custom colour , and makes me look a bit like Hank Marvin with clinical depression . Basses in these strong colours are O.K as a novelty , but that would wear off very quickly , I suspect . I love this , though :

Lamborghini Orange . I could live with that . It would go lovely with my brown chocolate cords I got from Gap , too .

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1376577648' post='2176348']
Everything looks cool on you, Dave! B)
[/quote]

that was the hottest outdoor stage in the history of outdoor stages. Sun was pouring right in the front of it, no shade, nowhere to hide. I though I was going to drown.

Seriously good trick to look "cool" in such a place. ta Shell. :)

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1376572033' post='2176227']
Me too
I have the piano white one.....but I do like the Orange too !
[/quote]

I got the Orange SR - see profile pic - and I love it. I don't think the yellow one was available when I bought mine. (it looks like the older version with four pots instead of five) I don't think I would have gone for yellow on the SR anyway! :)

Butterscotch Blonde for me too, I'm afraid.
However, some bright mind allowed us some green as well.
Here's a pre-production prototype attempt at a Bongo.
Don't own it, mind.

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/MMBongoprototype510_zpsbb1c95fa.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/MMBongoprototype510_zpsbb1c95fa.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1376576852' post='2176326']
Probably due to my conservartive upbringing and my instinctive good taste , I am much too sensible to have ever owned a bass in any of these ridiculous colours . However , that doesn't stop me from casting a sideways glace at them and wondering what it would be like to come home to the offbeat charms of one of these monstrocities . It's like looking at a Chav woman in the supermarket sporting gaudy makeup and offensive children and wondering what it would be like if you gave her a job as your cleaning lady and let her into your home . Would she steal from you and laugh all the way to Cash Converters , or would you end up giving her a special Dingus "Christmas bonus " one afternoon and run away together to start a new life on benefits in Luton ? Could I , Lord Dingus of Nowhere In Particular , really go out in public with a yellow bass ? Or a green one ? Or a woman who buys her clothes from a sports shop ? I've got a red bass , but even that is Fiesta Red , a classic Fender 1960's custom colour , and makes me look a bit like Hank Marvin with clinical depression . Basses in these strong colours are O.K as a novelty , but that would wear off very quickly , I suspect . I love this , though :

Lamborghini Orange . I could live with that . It would go lovely with my brown chocolate cords I got from Gap , too .
[/quote]

The colour 's ok . Not sure about the bass tho' . (Sorry) ;)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1376586214' post='2176542']
The colour 's ok . Not sure about the bass tho' . (Sorry) ;)
[/quote]

I've actually got a four string one of these and it's great . I can see how it wouldn't suit everybody , though , that's for sure . Unfortunately , mine's white , not Lamourghini Orange . This one was a one-off custon piece for Randy Jackson . Lucky Randy .

Edited by Dingus

However, I do indeed own this here one cello-thingie, here played by a friend who has it on loan.
A classical musician, she plays it Harnoncourt style:

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/Marina20121224Bongo_zpsa09d14d5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/Marina20121224Bongo_zpsa09d14d5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1376586294' post='2176545']
That's pretty cool
[/quote]
Thanks Ray.

It's my Fretless Boomslang Jive Bass which was designed a few miles up the road from you in Hampton by a South African and made in China!

Edited by BetaFunk