Why become a member? ×

John East Warranty - SORTED!!! :)

funkypenguin

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can shed some light. Part of the main circuit board on the U-retro preamp i use has come away, looks like the solder has failed. Ive taped it back in place for the moment, so i can still use my bass till i get back to the UK this weekend but obviously it needs fixing properly. Does anyone know if east offer any kind of warranty (the circuit was installed 13 months ago) or will i have to pay for a whole new circuit?

Cheers

Ben

Edited by funkypenguin

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1375910006' post='2167428']
Why don't you ask John himself? He seems very approachable and posts on here, or you could contact him via his website.
[/quote]Indeed. He wears funky t-shirts and is a friend of Stanley Clarke, he can't be all bad. He has a lovely telephone voice, too.

I bought a second hand John East unit and thought it had a problem. He took it and checked it out for me free of charge (It was OK - my mistake, and I sent him a fiver for a pint anyway). Not quite your situation I know, but I got the impression that he is a very honourable chap, and that you'll probably be OK.

I had a crackling noise develop on my master volume for the East system that John installed in my bass around 2 years back and I contacted him about it he arranged a date for me to bring the bass over and he fixed it whilst I waited. Thoroughly nice chap and yes he was happy to share some information about his friendship with Stanley Clarke.

The best thing to do is give him a call and have a chat I'm confident he will help you out. .
The worst that could happen is that you end up having to use a soldering iron and attempt a repair.

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

[quote name='funkypenguin' timestamp='1376025604' post='2168667']
Thanks guys, i've dropped him an email, fingers crossed something will be sorted out. I really dont want to have to pay for a whole new circuit if it can in any way be avoided :S
[/quote]

John will sort it for you, he's a top guy
C