Why become a member? ×

How not to impress a lady bassist...

jojobass

I wonder if we would be quite so eager defend the origional poster if it wern't for the fact thats she's are rather attractive female, just a thought for us machos out there!

Clearly the bloke is a plonker!

Edited by phsycoandy

Hi Jo

As you know, I've been to see you play gigs with Aynsley loads of times, and IMHO you are a pretty tight and fluid player. See you again at the Putney gig on 22 June - I think it's your round :)

Hamster

Edit: Just wanted to add this having viewed the gentleman's myspace...........

" Hi i'm Fergie Fulton i play Bass Guitar, also collapsor of scrums, tigers tamed, virgins de-flowered, bar room philosopher, crocodiles castrated, defender of dwarfs rights, parties parted, drinks drunk, honks tonked, fighter of injustice, space traveler, explorer, inventor of the remote control, and discoverer of string theory, not neccesarly in that order....... or true. I was born in Gourock Scotland..........................,"

I knew there had to be a reason :huh:

Edited by Hamster

I would email back and say that you value his input to your lazy right technique but the reason for this is because you don't have the same strength in your wrist as he does, this is probably down to the fact that you obviously don't exercise our right hand as often as he does from choking his chicken on a daily basis!!
This guy sounds like and is behaving like a total prat!!!

[quote name='Rodders' post='214611' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:37 PM']Yeah I saw you supporting Trower in Norwich

and I thought you were very good

this bloke doesn't know what he's talking about

Rodders[/quote]

What?? I missed yet another 'chatter' playing in Norwich!! Dammmmn!!!!! Darryl and Profane were up here a cuppla weeks ago.. and I missed the too!! *slaps forehead*

And here we have a great example of the thinking of someone that is so convinced his thinking is correct that he is failing to think at all!

"Now as a standard bass has four strings and is tuned to a fourth through the strings from E, the gauges or weight between strings should not change. I personaly have about ..20 between strings from .120 on an E to ..60 on my G flatwound."

Oh dear...

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='214802' date='Jun 8 2008, 11:19 AM']And here we have a great example of the thinking of someone that is so convinced his thinking is correct that he is failing to think at all!

"Now as a standard bass has four strings and is tuned to a fourth through the strings from E, the gauges or weight between strings should not change. I personaly have about ..20 between strings from .120 on an E to ..60 on my G flatwound."

Oh dear...

Alex[/quote]

Bloody hell! Does this guy have fingers like Conan or something??

Vibrato's out, then!

[quote name='Jase' post='214580' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:04 PM']Male or female, two heads and a hump..... I'd still post :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
No need to be so personal!....Esmerelda!, Esmerelda...the bells!....the bells made me deaf you know? :huh:

Why not just reply and tell him that you've been in floods of tears ever since getting his email and that you have now given up the bass?

Might make him think twice about sending unsolicited criticism next time.

Edited by elom

[quote name='elom' post='217282' date='Jun 11 2008, 11:21 PM']Why not just reply and tell him that you've been in floods of tears ever since getting his email and that you have now given up the bass?[/quote]

No need to encourage this type of behavior :)

Edited by Oscar South

I'd say he's out to get a piece of you and like a lot of men, has no idea how to go about things.

Anyway, I would reply to him and say he only got the Lightnin' Willie gig because Silvio
(Lightnin Willie's regular bass player - [url="http://www.silviog.net"]http://www.silviog.net[/url]) was busy on the Dancing In The Streets tour... being chosen as sloppy seconds has no kudos.

The guy is a knob.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='jojobass' post='214396' date='Jun 7 2008, 02:54 PM']Thanks for the support boys :)

You know, I think what upsets me even more is his lousy spelling.... :huh:[/quote]

Syntax was poor as well.........
Matt.

perhaps you should meet up with him and practice the 'slap'
Cheeky sod that he is. There is a right way and a wrong way to have a conversation like that, and he was most ungentlemanly about it.

Ha Ha, I know this guy ! He plays with the Groove Doctors based in Ipswich. I have to say that without a doubt he can play, no question about that but what a jerk.

He's part of a incestuous group of 'musos' that jump from band to band all the time trying to re-invent themselves but never coming up with anything new. Ipswich had a big blues scene about 15 years ago and these guys are the last of that (forgotten) generation of musicans.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='214565' date='Jun 7 2008, 07:33 PM']I wonder if we would be quite so eager defend the origional poster if it wern't for the fact thats she's are rather attractive female, just a thought for us machos out there!

Clearly the bloke is a plonker![/quote]

Err.... yes. I couldn't help thinking that I might act like an idiot too if I thought it would get me closer to such a beautiful woman. Of course that was in my bachelor days, when my brains got turned to pulp by testosterone. Now they get turned to pulp by the kids.