Why become a member? ×

Daft question coming...converting combo to bass head??

fender73

Alternatively, you could superglue some perspex to the top & bottom of the amp (once it's removed of course), allowing you to see the inside whilst you're playing (something to do whilst the guitarist is doing another solo).

I've thought of it myself. And look Maplins have a case all made up for you already [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/19-inch-2u-case-30611?c=maplin&utm_source=gcs&utm_medium=gcs_search&utm_campaign=QZ90X&utm_content=Cases&%7Bifpe:_$ja=tsid:49900%7Ccgn%3A%7Badtype%7Dkw%3A%7CQZ90X%7D%7Bifdyn:_$ja=tsid:49900%7D&_$ja=cgid:7690035043|tsid:49900|cid:119049883|lid:21209467200|nw:{ifsearch:search}{ifcontent:content}|crid:26685291403&gclid=CMaX39es7LcCFVHMtAodb24AjQ"]http://www.maplin.co...CFVHMtAodb24AjQ[/url]

Ignore the weird picture. It should be the exact size you need, a 2u 19 inch rack, which should fit an Ashdown head perfectly (by the way don't blame me if it doesn't).

Edited by gjones

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1371510036' post='2114955']
Alternatively, you could superglue some perspex to the top & bottom of the amp (once it's removed of course), allowing you to see the inside whilst you're playing (something to do whilst the guitarist is doing another solo).
[/quote]

Perspex. I like.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1371511977' post='2114986']
Ashdowns are probably the easiest. 4 bolts on top, and the combo speaker is usually on a jack. Ashdown might even sort you a sleeve.
[/quote]
I wanted to do exactly this, ashdown were no help at all, shame as it would have solved it in one hit.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1371512566' post='2114997']

Alternatively, with a couple of suitable angle-brackets, you might be able to fit the removed amp into a rack case.
[/quote]
This was plan b, even had a pair of brackets made and a gator case ready then the amp packed up! :lol: bassdirect-genz-solved :D

It works no problem. I did the same myself years ago due to staying in a top flat. Went down to B&Q and got them to cut the mdf to the correct size and glued and screwed it together. I meant to get some nice tolex for it but left it sprayed black.

[attachment=137343:SAM_0686.JPG]