Why become a member? ×

The Most Wonderful Compliment!

Hot Tub

I usually play very quietly or with headphones on, but our neighbours are on holiday this week, so I persuaded Mrs A to let me use my amp in anger for 10min. She came into the spare room and watched and listened to me play and was absolutely blown away. I ended up playing for about 40min, and my dear wife was speechless.

Eventually she said, "I know you come up here and play bass, but I never realised you were a musician."

Y'know, I really, really, love her! :) :wub:

Edited by Astronomer

[quote name='ped' post='209124' date='May 29 2008, 07:37 PM']Lovely stuff. Was she sober? What kind of stuff were you playing?

Hold onto her matey!!

ped[/quote]

Yup, sober! I was playing stuff like Green Onions, Soul Man, Midnight Hour, some ZZ Top, some AC/DC, Addicted To Love, The Devil Went Down To Georgia, gawd, loads of other stuff. Playing along with backing tracks, and she loved it!

[quote name='bassmanady' post='209211' date='May 29 2008, 09:58 PM']When my mrs wonderfull visits my studio she only says"how long before that ones on Ebay, your never happy with your sound"... ouch!! she's so right[/quote]

Im only 17 and i get that off my lady! :)

.. Closest I've got to a compliment like that was when my wife got herself a spot playing bass for 1 tune with a friends band (bearing in mind she had never played before), after me trying to teach her "heatwave" for 5 minutes, I got "it's not as easy as it looks is it !"

hopefully i have bagged myself some indoors playing time, the other day my wife said "what parcels should we expect this month then? I never get any parcels.." fair comment with all the bass equipment i have been through, my reply was "none got every thing i want/need (actually i did order a badassIII :huh: )" .
Well i am feeling slightly smug as she is away at her mothers so i have brought her a laptop and made sure it's addressed to her, should be OK for some uninterrupted playing time when my shuttle arrives :) :huh:

[quote name='steve-norris' post='209880' date='May 30 2008, 10:00 PM']hopefully i have bagged myself some indoors playing time, the other day my wife said "what parcels should we expect this month then? I never get any parcels.." fair comment with all the bass equipment i have been through, my reply was "none got every thing i want/need (actually i did order a badassIII :huh: )" .
Well i am feeling slightly smug as she is away at her mothers so i have brought her a laptop and made sure it's addressed to her, should be OK for some uninterrupted playing time when my shuttle arrives :) :huh:[/quote]

You dog you :huh: