Why become a member? ×

Stage Presence - Do You Have Any?

xilddx

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1367424234' post='2065509']
^
This!

I look like a right miserable fecker on stage.... To the point I've taken to wearing a hat so it's harder to see my facial expressions :lol:
[/quote]

I don't know, I'd like to think it's possible to look vaguely cool while looking miserable. Keep telling yourself you're simply looking "nonchalant..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMdpetGMLw

(Though I have definitely looked "bored" onstage with some other bands in the past!)

I tend to look bored as hell on stage. I'm never really one for clowning about. Although that usually gets interpreted as stoned as hell, probably because I sometimes have red patches around my eyes from eczema (which I hardly get anywhere else on my body other than around my eyes). My guitarist does enough weekend-rockstar-showboating to cover the whole band anyway, so it's all good.

In my 20's I needed 3 days rest to recover after a gig because I was so energetic. Bass strapped low, dreadlocks and baggy skater clothes. Nowadays in my 30's, painted into a corner amongst 7 other musicians with 2ft in either direction to move in, clothes bought from H&M, bass tucked underneath my ribs and a dodgy back. Things can change so quickly!

Edited by shizznit

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1367538931' post='2066789']
I'm not a great fan of Country Rock, but these guys totally own that stage. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFLdewM1ys
[/quote]
I remember my wife and my best mate walking in on me bouncing around the room, [i]really[/i] going for it, playing alone to that tune on guitar.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1367545822' post='2066802']

I remember my wife and my best mate walking in on me bouncing around the room, [i]really[/i] going for it, playing alone to that tune on guitar.
[/quote]

Your guilty secret is safe, I'll not tell anyone about it... :lol:

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1367426056' post='2065545']

I don't know, I'd like to think it's possible to look vaguely cool while looking miserable. Keep telling yourself you're simply looking "nonchalant..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMdpetGMLw

(Though I have definitely looked "bored" onstage with some other bands in the past!)
[/quote]

I really enjoyed that... Although you cracked more than a few smiles ;)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1365250675' post='2037188']
I have been known to wear the odd loud shirt or 2 but have really gone overboard and bought a Sh1teShirt , boy is it offensively loud , it might even drown out the PA B)
[/quote]

funny enough i was just looking at their website to order one for gigs :rolleyes:

tonight i will be taking two shirts with me - black if i feel like mellowing into the background or pink/white stripes with paisley cuff and colours if i feel like impersonating a 6 foot chrysanthemum (apparently its some sort of garden centre venue or something) :gas:

There's me dressed in black.... If it wasn't for my cream bass I'd disappear all together!! This is from last nights gig!!

[IMG]http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af313/phillipwjones/98a460929785f5769dd0b25b1cc847c8_zps04b05fdf.jpg[/IMG]

Yep, I know I have zero stage presence! LOL!

hmm, dificult to answer, but I was told I have some.
as Nigel I love to be on stage. there is almost no place I feel more home than a stage and the last time I had stagefright I can't even remember.
but maybe judge yourself from the last available video of me playing bass in one of my ex-bands:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuOizlfxjyg[/media]

I don't have it in an obvious way, but I hope I am watchable..in my own way.

However, we are using a drummer who has it in massive doses..

How we will cope, I don't know but I am looking forward to it...
We wil probably have to pay for it, as well......... :lol:

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1367760979' post='2069126']
I have various dance routines worked out, but a constant lack of space on stage forbids me to perform them.
[/quote]

yeah... right.
Must use that one :lol: :lol: ;)