Why become a member? ×

Sanded 4003 Rick. thoughts?

clueless about such things, but looks purdy from the front?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rickenbacker-4003-Bass-/221207823864?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item33810385f8"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rickenbacker-4003-Bass-/221207823864?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item33810385f8[/url]

Why would someone do that to a particularly nice Rick? Would have thought it would take a couple of hundred or so to sort the back out so if there's no other issues then £900/950 would be a nice deal. I be sure to collect though so you could try it out to make sure the rods are ok and theres no other signs of miss use.

Im in Cardiff so I'll hold out for the inevitable big Rick splash Im gonna make one day (anyone got a genuine fire/maple, I have cash that could be teased out of my pocket :o )

Low score on his profile, but the two basses he's sold previously are gibson n fender so probably genuine.

The only reason I can think anyone would sand the back down would be either to 'improve' bad buckle rash, or... dunno!

Madness affects us all in different ways. I removed the frets from mine circa 1982. Played very nicely but I did a rough job with hindsight. Eventually moved it on for the G&L I have to this day. I know which one I prefer and still have.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1364840170' post='2031566']
That's a drunk, late at night, bored, with a sander outcome if ever I saw one.
[/quote] Erm, who goes home drunk and decides to whip out the old orbital? A woodplane I can understand, but sander?

Edited by jrturner77

[quote name='jrturner77' timestamp='1364910590' post='2032475']
Erm, who goes home drunk and decides to whip out the old orbital? A woodplane I can understand, but sander?
[/quote]
Oh, you've seen my 'slim bodied' Precision Bass then. It's more Slimmerton than Fullerton after the woodplane incident.

[quote name='jrturner77' timestamp='1364910590' post='2032475']
Erm, who goes home drunk and decides to whip out the old orbital? A woodplane I can understand, but sander?
[/quote]Woodplane? Now that would be really drunk. Visions of thin strips of leg flesh fill my mind, followed by high pitched screams and a visit to A&E :D Any DIY tool is in play when, after a couple sherbets, you're sitting playing your bass, look at it and go, "Hmm?"

Edited by ezbass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...