Why become a member? ×

It has been less than a week and already the waiting is killing me....

Twigman

It is less than a week since I ordered a barefaced S12T.......it's not due until "the end of May, beginning of June"...and already the waiting is killing me.

I WANT IT NOW!!!

ha Ha

I've already ordered a Roqsolid cover for it - it had better fit as Roqsolid only have a 30day guarantee if it doesn't.....

I remember waiting for my parts from Warmoth was agonising and that was only a couple of weeks....

How am I going to get through waiting until the end of May or beginning of June?

It's gonna be agony....how do you cope with what feels like a lifetime to wait for your new toy?

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1363791410' post='2017688']
How am I going to get through waiting until the end of May or beginning of June?
[/quote]

Answer - All you need is a paint roller, some emulsion, a wall and a seat. Take the roller and apply the paint to the wall. Then sit on the seat and watch the paint dry. Simple. :D[size=4] [/size]

I ordered my Dubster on 15th November and it arrived 2 weeks ago, it would have been a little earlier but Alex ran out of the right shipping boxes and had to wait for more to arrive. The wait is worth it however, I can't see that I will need to look for anything else on the cab front again, with my old cabs I usually had to have the OTB500 turned up to around 2-3 o'clock to be heard at practice last week it was at 10 o'clock and I was louder than I've ever been and with way more bottom end. And the added bonus of 2 guitarists using the old and new Laney Tony Iommi signature heads, which are anything but quiet, wearing looks of dismay was nice too...

I ordered a Marshall fridge through a nationwide chain of music shops on 9th July 2012.....I am still waiting for delivery....latest update this week was 10th April 2013......I am not holding my breath. [they charged my CC on 9th July too - ouch!!]

This I have learned to live with but I so need my cab.

my midgets were ordered on the 15th(ish) of December and I'm still waiting, it is agonising though, i keep checking my email for a delivery tracking number (checking every hour or so) and every time a fed-ex van turns up at work i sit and watch in case 2 cab sized boxes appear.

Matt

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1363802517' post='2017937']
Cool, i like the accessories.

:ph34r:
[/quote]

It was the promise of the accessories that sucked me in to the purchase. [and the thought of not having to walk from my studio desk to the kitchen to grab a beer]
Marketing's great isn't it?

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1363798302' post='2017853']
Don't worry about the roqsolid cover, i got one for my S12T and the fit is perfect. Find something to spend your time, you'll find out that the waiting will be worth.
[/quote]

The Roqsolid covers are legendary, and the pattern for the S12T fits like a top-hat on an undertaker. Just make sure you put it onto the cab the right way round or you'll be wondering why the top handle doesn't fit the cut-out. :blush: :rolleyes:

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1363914675' post='2019636']
Ah! The Marshall Fridgid. I ordered one last year, but she never came.
[/quote]

9 hours later, I read this again and JUST got it :lol:

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1364034650' post='2021051']
Just make sure you put it onto the cab the right way round or you'll be wondering why the top handle doesn't fit the cut-out. :blush: :rolleyes:
[/quote]

This is the kind of thing I do all the time!

Edited by chrismuzz

End May early June might be optomistic. I ordered mine mid Dec and was quoted mid Jan, which i guessed was unrealistic ! it arrived about a week ago, thats end of March.

If it's only been a week and your getting impatient, you better be prepared for spontaneous combustion at any point beyond week 3 !

Oh and if the Roqsolid covers getting in the way, i'll look after it for you :)

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1364211320' post='2023140']
The roqsolid cover arrived today so I have erected it in my office so it makes it look like I have a S12T....it's alittle bigger than I thought it would be and am now having doubts it'll fir in the boot of a GT86.....
[/quote]

Haaaaaaaaaa :blink:

Sorry but I looked at a GT86 a few weeks ago and didn't think it was possible to get anything bigger than a very small briefcase in the boot. At least with a Mini Coupe I'll get a cab in the boot and my bass in a gig bag behind the front seats.

You could always try removing the passenger seat?

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1363791410' post='2017688']

It's gonna be agony....how do you cope with what feels like a lifetime to wait for your new toy?
[/quote]

Impulsive compensational shopping, or whatever they call it, might make it easier.
I ordered a bluebeard last august and got some great fuzz pedals since then.
Of course, I'm still waiting for the bluebeard.

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1364512374' post='2027661']
Haaaaaaaaaa :blink:

Sorry but I looked at a GT86 a few weeks ago and didn't think it was possible to get anything bigger than a very small briefcase in the boot.
[/quote]

Marshall 2 x 12 in boot of GT86 (not mine)

• 2 weeks later...

1 month into the wait and it's torture..... my old cab has been sold and I have been using a Peavey TNT115 in rehearsals :( :angry:
We are due to do some recording in a couple of weeks to lay down the next 4 songs for our new album and I was hoping to mic this cab rather than DI and amp sim....
I HATE WAITING