Why become a member? ×

Amp Vibrations

steviebk

With all the new small Class D lightweight amplification has anyone a solution to the vibrations, as my Tone Hammer 500 is moving around on top of my Berg AE10s, any ideas with anti slip / rubber mat etc, or similar solutions, don't really want to modify the cabs either, thanks

Shops that sell campervans and the like will have rolls of a soft rubber mat material. These mats are normally used in the cupboards and drawers, but also on tables and other hard surfaces.
This stuff is not only fantastic, but can also easily be cut in the right dimensions.

best,
bert

I know what you mean about vibrations - at one gig the sound guy had used a DI box for the bass and during the gig it had vibrated off the top of my rig and fell down the side. The sound guy asked me in a somewhat accusatory tone where it was, but thankfully we found it and he was somewhat sheepish and apologetic after that. I didn't mind because he'd done a sterling job of the sound that night, clear as a bell on stage and the crowd were dancing about like maniacs :)

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1362899192' post='2005875']
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/multi-purpose-non-slip-mat-217606"]This stuff[/url] will do the trick. Probably got some down your local £ shop if you want it cheaper
[/quote]

Yup, that's the stuff. However, do not buy from the £ shop unless you know what you're doing. Normally, non-slip mats found at £ shops are a lot stiffer and less soft in their material. One can feel the difference easily when one has both to compare. Life expectancy is also lower, as these will more readily tear up.

best,
bert