Why become a member? ×

Having your gear at home...

AnalogBomb

I am a sucker for pretty, sparkly lights! I have all my gear set up in my music/computer room, so it is always there, ready to be played. The one thing that truly takes my breath away, still, is my BC Rich Warlock. I'd wanted one for over 20 years and was actually worried that I wouldn't like it once I got one, especially as I got it off EBay having never actually played one. But it is beautiful. Unfortunately the only stand that I have that it fits in, has the nasty habit of folding over forwards and smacking whatever it's holding into the ground, so it is hidden behind a guitar amp so that it can't fall forwards. Such a shame to hide such a lovely thing, but better than letting any damage come to it.

My rig (tho it's not exactly huge) is stored in the garage/under the stairs, but I have a Rolnd Microbass by the bed in the spare room, together with the two basses of the moment (the others are upstairs), and it's a rare day it doesn't get switched on.

[quote name='AnalogBomb' timestamp='1362866512' post='2005694']
I am from Bradford though... my Nan used to say it all the time, pretty much when she played pop with me! You should throw it into conversation next time you're out and see what happens!?
[/quote]

I'm from Brighouse and its a common used phrase in our house. Espeacially with the kids! Haha!

But to answer the original question, I constantly look and tinker with mine. Luckily we have a spare room so its out of the way of the Mrs who has absolutely no interest.

Edited by Ricksflynn

All my gear lives at home, but I only eer play through a Tascam MP-BT1, except when testing stuff, then I use a Fender Bassman 25 combo. All the big stuff is for rehearsals/gigs only. I often have the basses out on stands, though. Got drool over them as often as is decent...

KingBollock, get a Hercules autograb stand for the Warlock - pretty sure that will be solid, if a little pricier than average.