Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greeting from Portland, OR, USA

Bret

Hi, Everyone. My name's Bret and I'm a casual bass player not mention a huge Peter Hook fan. I've been playing off and on for many years but despite a couple of live gigs under my belt I still consider myself a beginner.

My current rig is:

Dillion DB 335-004 Bass

Trace Elliot Series 6 AH500X w/GP12 Preamp
Trace Elliot Redline 4x10 Cabinet

Vintage EHX Clone Theory
EHX LBP-1
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Delta Lab MD-1 Metal Distortion

Cheers!

Hey Bret,

Welcome to BC, and congrats with your beautiful, almos' perfec' name!

You're in, of course, after that great introduction, and right now, there are only two formalities left:
1) We need to know more about the Dillion bass
2) We need to know more about the helmet
After those things are dealt with, you're fully fledged.
;)

Anyway, enjoy the site, the info, the discussion and the banter!

best,
bert

[quote name='Bret' timestamp='1361901531' post='1992798']
Hi, Everyone. My name's Bret...[/quote]

Good evening, Bret, and welcome to the forum...

I see you're starting out right, with a semi-acoustic bass, for which I heartily approve. Of course I'm slightly less impressed by the dance steps, but then again, I'm old.
I can't see where you've posted your home address (either an oversight, or perhaps the mods here have it already..?) This will be required for the Ceremony of Initiation; a mandatory event for all US citizens posting here, as you know. Don't worry about the cost; there are excellent financial institutions that we can recommend. You may even be able to keep your home (although that's not guaranteed...). As for the medical bill: the Ceremony has been amended to only leave internal scarring (plus the burns, naturally...), so a short convalescence could be hoped for. Don't forget the rubber duck, however, or there will be bedlam. The last who neglected this important detail is still unaccounted for, all these months later.
Enjoy the Ceremony (as will we all...), and again: welcome... :mellow:

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1361903739' post='1992859']
You're in, of course, after that great introduction, and right now, there are only two formalities left:
1) We need to know more about the Dillion bass
2) We need to know more about the helmet
After those things are dealt with, you're fully fledged.
;)
[/quote]

I'll post the Dillion story over in the "Basses" forum.

As for the helmet, I was once a volunteer firefighter/EMT in Southern California. That's the story :)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1361907861' post='1992947']
Good evening, Bret, and welcome to the forum...

I see you're starting out right, with a semi-acoustic bass, for which I heartily approve. Of course I'm slightly less impressed by the dance steps, but then again, I'm old.
I can't see where you've posted your home address (either an oversight, or perhaps the mods here have it already..?) This will be required for the Ceremony of Initiation; a mandatory event for all US citizens posting here, as you know. Don't worry about the cost; there are excellent financial institutions that we can recommend. You may even be able to keep your home (although that's not guaranteed...). As for the medical bill: the Ceremony has been amended to only leave internal scarring (plus the burns, naturally...), so a short convalescence could be hoped for. Don't forget the rubber duck, however, or there will be bedlam. The last who neglected this important detail is still unaccounted for, all these months later.
Enjoy the Ceremony (as will we all...), and again: welcome... :mellow:
[/quote]

I'm old (and white) so that's the best moves you're going to get. As for my info, I'll get you in touch with this Nairobi prince I know; he has my bank account numbers. Should the duck be a mallard or traditional yellow one?

Ah..! I'm sorry; if You'd posted today's secret passwords ('yellow one'., but you knew that, of course..) in your original post I'd have not troubled you.
We'll be discrete with the bank numbers, naturally.
Now to hop over to the 'Basses' forum to find out how a Dillion compares to a Verithin...