Why become a member? ×

Basschat folk are just good people.

phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='204523' date='May 22 2008, 08:04 PM']I've yet to have a bad experience on this forum, not that I'm willing it on or any thing, but just everyone I've have had contact with or dealings with are just good peeps. Plus one for Basschat.[/quote]
+1 to that..

Mrs.T is Terri - Otherwise known as Mrs.Tinman. I spoke to Terri the other day & Tinman has been working away in America for a while. I did ask her if she had him buried under the patio or something, but she replied in the negative :)

As for BassChat... I like it here. For a start, when I preach anti-pc common sense, people always back me up - Can't be such a bad place, can it?

Long may we all continue!

Rich.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='204655' date='May 22 2008, 11:11 PM']For a start, when I preach anti-pc common sense, people always back me up - Can't be such a bad place, can it?[/quote]

when i hear the phrase 'common sense', i reach for my revolver...

:)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='204655' date='May 22 2008, 11:11 PM']Mrs.T is Terri - Otherwise known as Mrs.Tinman. I spoke to Terri the other day & Tinman has been working away in America for a while. I did ask her if she had him buried under the patio or something, but she replied in the negative :)

As for BassChat... I like it here. For a start, when I preach anti-pc common sense, people always back me up - Can't be such a bad place, can it?

Long may we all continue!

Rich.[/quote]

Right he's in the land of satan. aint they got Basschat there? they dont know what they are missing. :huh:

Having something in common is a great start, and I'm going to be shamelessly biased and say in all my years of knowing musicians Bass players are the most likely group to get on so well, with drummers a close second. I think the lack of ego, the giving nature of the job ensures that certain types of people stick with and it seems in large measure that they are good people. So a big +1 for the OP. Basschat was bound to work cos it's full of Basschaps (and chapesses)

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='204698' date='May 23 2008, 12:35 AM']Having something in common is a great start, and I'm going to be shamelessly biased and say in all my years of knowing musicians Bass players are the most likely group to get on so well, with drummers a close second. I think the lack of ego, the giving nature of the job ensures that certain types of people stick with and it seems in large measure that they are good people...[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree with all of this. Rhythm sections are usually the most amenable part of a band!
And a big "+1" to the BC goodness.
To really see how[i] terrible[/i] this place is, just try going to a BassBash... :) Nothing but goodness!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='204687' date='May 23 2008, 12:16 AM']Fools... Mrs T 'is' Mr T, it's just his Friday night disguise. This whole armed forces is just some huge subterfuge to put you off. Ask yourself this when have you ever seen them (on-line) together?

Ha! I rest my case :)

Basschat is Big Love :huh:[/quote]

Quiet WH! Any more slips of the tongue like that and I'll have to don the disguise and give you a damn good thrashing.

Anyway, I'm back from the land of the burger and have been spending a lot of time cuddling my bass, gosh how I missed it. :huh:

And yes Basschat is full of good people, it's a great place to be.

Big up the basschat love!

I totally agree. It's so refreshing to find an online community that isn't full of people bitching at each other or going out of their way to bait other posters. There's none of this 'anti-noob' culture, where longer standing members go out of their way to exclude newer members and be as cliquey as possible. That really seems to be the flavour of most forums, regardless of their theme.

Basschat seems to be all about friendliness, courtesy and support - things that the wider world often appears to be lacking.