Why become a member? ×

I lost my mojo somewhere in the 80's

morsefull

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1358979018' post='1948164']
And you've looked after your figure, too .
[/quote]

Actually I've probably put on as much weight (relative to my size) as any other bloke in their 50s. However I have the "advantage" of having been seriously skinny when I was in my 20s, and I know how to dress to minimise the belly.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358978606' post='1948154']
Also looking weird helps...

[/quote]

Hmmm , I think wierd is relative , with a body shaven grinch as a front man , a lead guitarist with the shortest skirt and best tats in the house, and you, it would appear the stickman is the weird one ;)

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/16408931@N03/7068648553/"][/url]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/16408931@N03/7068648553/"]grinch me?[/url] by [url="http://www.flickr.com/people/16408931@N03/"]kevin.ahern[/url], on Flickr

how to look good at 50 ? ok , I wear a hat on stage , that is what really tips it :blush:

Edited by lurksalot

Be yourself. I'm nearly 49 and I'm not shy on a stage, but I used to dance more 5 years ago, now I'm comfortable moving how the music makes me move. A certain confidence and authority can come with age. I play with 50 year olds, and 24 year olds, we just do what we do and give a good show. No real need to force the moves, just look the best you can and move naturally.

To the OP I can echo what a few have said on here really, Don't try too much, Mojo is for younger lads, Being a older dude you have run round the block already take the foot off the gas & coast !

A guy I know is in his 60's & often does guest slots with bands who are aged in their 20's & 30's. He will always go on stage dressed really well, (either a suit or a shirt, trousers & a waste coat). Because of his older years he looks fantastic, he will always bring a level of dignity to the younger band. Just by dressing well & doing his thing.

Like I always say, dress your age & you will always look good. But don't try or you will look false & uncomfortable.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1359019078' post='1948437']
...trousers & a waste coat...
[/quote]

I've got a waste coat... the pockets are always full of rubbish... sorry, Gav. :rolleyes:

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1359019078' post='1948437']
....don't try or you will look false & uncomfortable.
[/quote]

If 'not trying' is the key to this, then I must look fantastic! :D

Edited by discreet