Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BH250 Bass Amp – SAFETY PRODUCT RECALL

bruce@tc

Unfortunately we have to announce that TC Electronic is recalling its BH250 Micro Bass Head.

This is due to a small error in the assembly process of the first run of product that may have caused two nuts inside the affected units to not be tightened correctly. Consequently if the nuts are loosened or detached, this may cause an electrical safety issue. Although there is only a tiny chance of players experiencing this issue, we want to address this proactively since safety is of paramount importance to TC Electronic and musicians using our gear also mean the world to us!

Therefore anyone who has purchased a BH250 from July 2012 until 21st January 2013 is encouraged to contact our service team in order to achieve a prompt resolution and to help get you back up and running ASAP. Please do this via our support channel to enable you to have your amplifier inspected, repaired or exchanged for a new one.

Details of the return process varies slightly depending on location, so for more detail on this please visit: [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/bh250/bh250-product-recall/"]http://www.tcelectro...product-recall/[/url]

We are sorry for any inconvenience, but hope that everyone understands that our highest priority is to make sure that no BH250 owners will experience any safety issue with the amp. Only a tiny percentage of users may ever have experienced a problem with the nuts coming loose, but despite this we want to make sure that no one will be let down while on stage.

We also simply feel this is the right thing to do and wish to stress once again that safety is of utmost importance to our users no matter how small the risk may indeed be.

Edited by bruce@tc

[b] [color=#ff0000]BH250 Product Recall[/color][/b]
[color=#333333]
[color=#0000cd][b]What is going on?[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#333333]
[b]Ex[/b][b]actly.. What's going on? This is nuts! I cannot believe I have to send my amp to the UK's one and only service center in [color=#0000ff]SHEFFIELD[/color] (!)[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]
[color=#222222]I'm gutted.. I hope if I send it away to get checked it will come back (!) Thank goodness I still have my Trace Elliot amps for company.. it's looking like an even longer winter now!! [/color] :facepalm:[color=#222222] [/color][/color]

I have been in touch with TC Electronic, raised a ticket who then asked me to get in touch with Real. I contacted them who asked me to complete a RMA Request and to await their response.

Good job my Hartke HA3500 hasn't sold as I've a gig coming shortly and Murphy's Law says that the BH250 will be away at the same time.

[quote name='danthevan' timestamp='1358954284' post='1947569']
Doesn't look the hardest thing to open up and check the tightness of all the nuts yourself
[/quote]

As long as TC clearly states that no waranty will be void! If it was a easy fix with a screwdriver they could open an exception and release a repair guide so that users could do it by theirselfs or get a tech to sort it out without having to send the amps away for some time!

Hi guys, I'm in Anaheim California for the NAMM show so not been able to look at this until now.

Firstly sorry for any confusion relating to how we are handling this and that some may have been given the wrong info.

Arranging for your amplifiers to go to our service centre for an inspection (to see if it is one of the really tiny number that may potentially have an issue) will be much quicker than getting them back to Denmark.

It really is the best way to make certain that your amplifier is 100% safe for use. The Service Centre will then arrange a collection for the product directly and then have the amplifier inspected, repaired or exchanged for a new one as deemed necessary in each case and will then return the unit to you. The Service Centres will completing these inspections as a top priority so turnaround should be pretty quick.

Also we must relate that by opening the unit yourselves you will absolutely void the 2 year UK warranty. Only products serviced by an authorised TC Group Service Centre come with factory guaranteed warranty on the repair and renewed warranty on the parts exchanged.

Given that this is first time ever since TC Electronic was founded in 1976 that there has ever been a product recall, we honestly believe that this is the best and quickest way to deal with the situation. I also think we've done the right thing here to ensure nobody gets harmed no matter how small the risk is.

Hope this helps and once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

For those unfortunate enough to be in this position.................
They are some superb people on Basschat, how about setting up some kind of amp loan thread, whereby if somebody is without one for a gig, they may be able to get a loan amp from somebody local?
Just think it may help rather than stressing about getting your TC back in time.
I know the ideal solution would be TC setting up loan amps, but this may not be practical.
Just a thought.
Good luck to all of you.

[quote name='vsmith1' timestamp='1359029330' post='1948630']
I'm happy Real contacted me direct once I'd registered the RMA to arrange a courier to come by today. I have packed my BH250 in it's original box. I'd let this thread know when it gets picked up and when it gets returned.
[/quote]
Picked up by courier this afternoon.

And no I've not paid anything. I was just careful to be at home otherwise I would have got charged for the courier call.