Why become a member? ×

Hello from Virginia!

dbeachy1

Hi, nice to meet you all! I live in Virginia, USA and I've been playing bass (just for fun!) since 2001. I own a Yamaha BB 405, an Austin four-string (my first bass), and a Yamaha TRB1005-N (my baby!). I've been searching a Yamaha TRB5PII with Bubinga finish, so that's my current quest. :) I read that Yamaha discontinued the TRB5PII, although it is (oddly) still listed on the Yamaha Web site. Anyway, it's good to be here!

Welcome to basschat 'D' ?

You never know, your dream bass might just pop up for sale in these very pages eh

or http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Yamaha-TRB5PII-Bass-Guitar~ID~2922.asp

[url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/10227-yamaha-trb5pii-bubinga.html"]http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/10227-yamaha-trb5pii-bubinga.html[/url]

Bit Pricey though!

Hey, Beachy D,

Welcome into the fold.
Happily we don't discriminate Mercans here - just treat them very badly, using incomprehensible expressions and words and stuff. But you'll survive.

Enjoy the fora, and good luck with the hunt for the bubinga Yamaha.

BTW, what does dbeachy mean? I undecyphercrypted some of it, but not all:
d = ?
b = basses
e = effects
a = amps
c = cabs
h = headphones
y = ?

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1358610830' post='1942175']
I've spent some time in Virginia touring on a big old Harley - lovely state and nice people :)
[/quote]

Hm. I've spent some time in Virginia too. Found no other people there at the same time though. Sure you did everything right?

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358611739' post='1942188']

Hm. I've spent some time in Virginia too. Found no other people there at the same time though. Sure you did everything right?

[/quote]

Maybe they saw you on that huge tractor and had all run away :)

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358611739' post='1942188']BTW, what does dbeachy mean? I undecyphercrypted some of it, but not all:
d = ?
b = basses
e = effects
a = amps
c = cabs
h = headphones
y = ?
[/quote]

LOL! Thanks for the warm welcome, mates! :) Actually, dbeachy1 refers to my name ("Doug Beachy"), but I like BassTractor's analysis better. Oh, and the 'y' would stand for "Yamaha". :wub:

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1358716726' post='1944047']
Hello!

D- Da low frequencies? (sorry, i have opened a cider)

Y- Y not?

And to really confuse you, here is me talking crap.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gqMGOeanQ[/media]

WELCOME! and enjoy! I do sometimes write less than great things about americans, but i'm sure they don't apply to you :D
[/quote]
Milt, dude, have you ever scanned that wallpaper?

Welcome from another American (Ohio). Don't believe what Bass Tractor said about treating us poorly - it ain't so! You will love it here.
My only suggestion is to use The Queen's English, spell words with an "S" instead of a "Z" and use as much of the indigenious terminology as you can like kit and bits.
To learn this, you could watch every episode of [i]Downton Abbey[/i] and [i]Top Gear[/i] avaliable. Otherwise, they will notice you are not a Brit and refer to you as "Johnny Foreigner".

And don't say "bloody", it's a really bad curse word.

Edited by lastnotleast

[quote name='lastnotleast' timestamp='1358970228' post='1947944']
Otherwise, they will notice you are not a Brit and refer to you as "Johnny Foreigner".

And don't say "bloody", it's a really bad curse word.
[/quote]

Bloody Johnny foreigner. comin' over here, stealing our forums. I'm sick of it!