Why become a member? ×

For F*!k's Sake! 15 Years Old!

Phaedrus

impressive...he'll be good when he grows up :)

not only is it technically impressive but the stuff he's into (jaco, level 42, wooten...) is advanced for a 15 year old. I remember some of the sh*t i was listening to at that age and it makes me cringe.

Pretty good, if only he played some proper music.

(kidding)

I bet hes better than that without the camera too, you can see hes got a mild case of red light syndrome, its more obvious in his video playing wootens 'more love'.

Edited by Oscar South

Her name is Eileen Campbell, she is 35 and lives in Leith, in Edinburgh. I've seen her at Level 42 gigs on a few ocassions. I was a bit freaked out when I first saw her but after a while, you get used to seeing a small woman. She's a great bassist and has a great sense of humour.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='200804' date='May 16 2008, 11:32 PM']Her name is Eileen Campbell, she is 35 and lives in Leith, in Edinburgh. I've seen her at Level 42 gigs on a few ocassions. I was a bit freaked out when I first saw her but after a while, you get used to seeing a small woman. She's a great bassist and has a great sense of humour.[/quote]
I suppose you have to laugh if people keep thinking you're a 15-year-old boy!

Jesus sweet christ thats nice playing. I'd love to know what he'd think to have us oldies chatting about him like this.

I can beat him hands down on buying a pack of fags and drinking 10 pints though... which we as we all know maketh the bassplayer. :huh:

If anyone here asks what amp or guitar that is i'll chin them! :)

Edited by coasterbass

[quote name='steve-soar' post='200804' date='May 16 2008, 11:32 PM']Her name is Eileen Campbell, she is 35 and lives in Leith, in Edinburgh. I've seen her at Level 42 gigs on a few ocassions. I was a bit freaked out when I first saw her but after a while, you get used to seeing a small woman. She's a great bassist and has a great sense of humour.[/quote]

From the user's youtube handle, I'd guess the user is a 15 year old lad called Will. In fact, it says it on the profile.

Anyway: chops.

Edited by paul, the

So…he is a she and 35 instead of 15?

Well, I would [i]really[/i] treat him as an waaaay advanced player[ about that age..] if he'd lock in time.

I dunno, maybe it's camera's fault ,as someone said( though, I don't think that way), or maybe he's too young to analyze the stuff he's doing very seriously, I mean, to play stuff slower and 'grow up', work on hard parts, and make it [i]groove[/i] (sh1te, guys, there's no groove in Runaway, for seitan's sake..), but, as I've seen few Will's vids, in timing case, he's kinda sloppy..
It's ok, when finger falls off the string or sumthin, but timing is [i]THE[/i] thing about playin' bass, don't you agree, folks? :)

But no no - I don't want to cuss out the kid - he's not bad, simply needs to work on some things some more.. You know, I can only dream now, that in my 15th years of life, someone would have showed me bass guitar, my former teacher, and put serious attitude in ma head..

I love reading these threads- every time I end up having to say the same thing.

Not bad that it wasn't until the 5th reply that we got the compliment with the mandatory "but.." attached to it.

And not bad to have only 2 criticisms on 1 page.

"he's not bad.." ???!!! :huh:

"he's kinda sloppy.."??!! :huh:

"There's no groove.."??!! :huh:

"play stuff slower and grow up..??!! :huh:

Come on- he's 15 and very good for his age.

When he's 35 he may be a monster or conversely he may not groove at all. But at least at 15 he was way, way, way ahead of me and many others at 15.

He's on track.

Let's see some love for the young 'uns :)

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='200814' date='May 16 2008, 11:48 PM']Yes those young ladies wrists, just like Saddam Husseins, gave it away .... and the fact that she stamped my ticket on a recent trip to The Royal Yacht.[/quote]

:)

Get's my vote for the best random post of 2008 so far.

[quote name='chardbass' post='201060' date='May 17 2008, 02:39 PM']I love reading these threads- every time I end up having to say the same thing.

Not bad that it wasn't until the 5th reply that we got the compliment with the mandatory "but.." attached to it.

When he's 35 he may be a monster or conversely he may not groove at all. But at least at 15 he was way, way, way ahead of me and many others at 15.

He's on track.

Let's see some love for the young 'uns :)[/quote]

Well I am more than happy to say I think he/she is an amazing player.

[quote name='chardbass' post='201060' date='May 17 2008, 04:39 PM']I love reading these threads- every time I end up having to say the same thing.

He's on track.

Let's see some love for the young 'uns :)[/quote]

Don't take my words out of context, pal, and then, I doubt, if there will be a lotta to laugh from, aight? ;)

What I was tryin' to say, he's quite good at playin' [i]all-round[/i], but, for f*cks sake, if kid's doing Jaco's Three Views of a Secret, or Victor's "Grace", is it that hard to make Runaway [i]groovy[/i], especially for showing up to audience? :)

[quote name='chardbass' post='201060' date='May 17 2008, 04:39 PM']"play stuff slower and grow up..??!! :)[/quote]

I meant suggesting to 'grow up' the tempo, not for himself... :huh:

So, are we clear with each other now, mate?

P.S. You know, pals, threads like this somehow remind me a story of Mrs. Wilkenfeld...

;) peace,
Faith.