Why become a member? ×

Bass Lady Says Hi!

Bass Lady

Hi Silvia, good to meet you too.

I have been quiet lately (work blah blah blah) but have discovered this place and enjoying lots of reading (okay mainly GAS) thought I would join in............. :rolleyes:

Quite often pop into the Warwick forum for a read but being on holiday I actually have a bit of time to get involved. Even managed to do a bit of slapping recently too LOL!

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1357166989' post='1918687']
Ooooo you used the s-word! Fie, fie, fie!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Only joking - I can't slap to save my life and I belong to the slap-unfriendly school of thought, possibly out of sour grapes :D
[/quote]

Well................... I was very much in that camp too. Having grown up in the 80s (double bass and bass guitar) all the boys were slapping but I couldn't do it :sorry: (trying to resist typing "they said it was because I was a girl"). I gave up on the idea of slapping (although always imagined I could) until I got my first Warwick (Thumb). The brilliance of YouTube had me discover a girl / lady / female giving a "slap" lesson and hey presto, some very sore fingers later, a copy of the ledgendary "Slap It" book and many, many, many hours later I can proudly call myself a slapper! I'm no expert but I can freak the kids in school out and one of the "80s boys" who tried to teach me many moons ago is now thoroughly impressed. :thank_you: LOL!

Edited by Bass Lady

[quote name='Bass Lady' timestamp='1357168896' post='1918733']

Well................... I was very much in that camp too. Having grown up in the 80s (double bass and bass guitar) all the boys were slapping but I couldn't do it :sorry: (trying to resist typing "they said it was because I was a girl"). I gave up on the idea of slapping (although always imagined I could) until I got my first Warwick (Thumb). The brilliance of YouTube had me discover a girl / lady / female giving a "slap" lesson and hey presto, some very sore fingers later, a copy of the ledgendary "Slap It" book and many, many, many hours later I can proudly call myself a slapper! I'm no expert but I can freak the kids in school out and one of the "80s boys" who tried to teach me many moons ago is now thoroughly impressed. :thank_you: LOL!
[/quote]

Hats off to you!

I am a dreadful slapper (set another one up for you Mark sweetie ;) ) although my teacher is awesome and is helping me.

One of my 2013 goals is to get my slap bass skills improved :D

One of my friends is a music teacher in Ammanford :D and a friend in work, his wife is on maternity leave from music teaching in a Swansea comp. :D

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1357328888' post='1921259']
Hats off to you!

I am a dreadful slapper (set another one up for you Mark sweetie ;) ) although my teacher is awesome and is helping me.

One of my 2013 goals is to get my slap bass skills improved :D

One of my friends is a music teacher in Ammanford :D and a friend in work, his wife is on maternity leave from music teaching in a Swansea comp. :D
[/quote]

Amman Valley? Well I know two out of the three music teachers there very well and chances are I know the Swansea Comp music teacher too! ;)

Keep slapping SpaceChick, you will get there in the end. Is your teacher Funky by any chance?

Fabulous to get to meet so many other Welsh bass players too!! :D

Hey LowEndLady,

Welcome to you too! You might want to have your own intro, so more people read it.

Other than that, may I please gain your permission to have the audacity to dare and point you towards the grand slams in '05, '08 and '12?
Thank you, godemmit! :P

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

Owen, HELLO!!!

Yes, it is me. My goodness, a very long time............ How are you my friend? Still tall and handsome?? B)

You are now the second person I have met on here from a "shady LOL!" past.

[quote]Is it music in general you teach and I assume to school kids?

Do you have any up and coming stars in your class?[/quote]

Hi Tony, music classroom teacher now although I spent many years as an instrumental teacher. Potentially, always a few possible little stars around school so a very noisy department indeed! :rolleyes: