Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass - taking the plunge...

mrpink1991

Hi bass chatters!

So, I'm gonna get myself a big boy amplifier. And, after deliberation it's looking like:

Markbass Littlemark III
410 HF 8ohm

Now then, some questions:

If I get the 8ohm, that means I can add another cab at a later date but at the cost of losing some output before I do, right?

Does anyone have this setup? I've played all types of MB gear before at festivals and such but not this exact stuff together. What is it like?

Anything I should know/consider? Alternatives?

Will I need the cab cover?

Thanks,

Mr Pink

yeh getting the 8 ohm cab means you can add a second cab later.

im sure lozz will be along soon, but i wouldnt worry markbass heads are loud so 300w in to a 410 you'll have a nice loud rig!

as i said im sure lozz will be along soon hes pretty much got the same rig apart from the head hes got the lm tube.

andy

Yes & No. You can add another 8Ω cab. The amp puts out @300-350 watt at 8Ω & 500 watt at 4Ω.

For an alternative, I'd get 2 2x10 cabs if you're going for Markbass gear. Vertical 2x10s have a much better dispersion across the stage/audience than a 4x10, but if you're playing through PA, then this may not bother you.

Markbass is fine gear but I'd get 2 standard 102HF cabs, because you can run one or two cabs, and I can't lift 410's any more!

I think the MB LM3 is good but I'd also consider other cabs.

If you're strong enough there's a Mesa Boogie 410 in the for sale section which should wipe the floor with most other 410 cabs.

I'd also look at the Barefaced Super12T.

Yes, I have a Little Mark Tube 500, and a 104HR 8ohm cab. When I bought it all I was a bit concerned about getting "only" 300 watts. Needn´t have worried at all. Gigs in a punk band, volume on 4 out of 12.

With an 8ohm cab you can add another in at a later date, but for me, the only reason I could see would be if on a large stage, so wanting greater depth to the on-stage sound, plus the added benefit of being able to hear yourself that the extra height brings. For pub/club gigs, up to 200 capacity, without FOH available, I´d happily use just the one 8ohm 410.

Yep, a Mark Bass cab fan here to. Just as Lozz says, the 410's are insane, they're really nice and punchy and clear to. In fact, Lozz has my old 410HR. And in the fashion of sod's law, I could have done with it the other night!

I play through a Mark Bass 210P and it's great, really nice sound and does the job really well, they sound amazing when they're really cranked! Though the drivers move like nothing else, but they seem happy when they do!

Dan

Sorry Dan, without sounding rotten, you ain`t getting it back :) .

It`s an amazing cab, real nice low-end, but without that boom/flub that some cabs emit. I don`t know why it took me so long to go down the Markbass route, as every time I heard someone use it, I loved the sound.

Just glad I finally have.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1349519474' post='1827244']
Sorry Dan, without sounding rotten, you ain`t getting it back :) .

It`s an amazing cab, real nice low-end, but without that boom/flub that some cabs emit. I don`t know why it took me so long to go down the Markbass route, as every time I heard someone use it, I loved the sound.

Just glad I finally have.
[/quote]
Hahaha!!! I'm just happy it's getting used on a regular basis again. My dad always loved that cab to, as you say it's that very defined, clear lows that he and I took a shining to.

Dan

[i]markbass gear terrific iv got a ampeg stack a ashdown comb a peavey combo and loads of gear iv tried em all i now use a markbass 2x10 combo and when our guitarist both of them come with there marshall stacks and our drummer who thinks hes building a shed crack up i cut straight threw them no probs and if we get a really big gig i put my markbass 151hf markbass cab with it awsome gear if you get a amp at 8 0hms ad another 8 ohm cab and you go down to 4 ohms al most doubling your output. try markbass before you buy you wont want anything else.Good luck with whatever you buy.[/i]