Why become a member? ×

Vintage AC30 Guitar Amp

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1347878929' post='1805956']
I think either you're gonna struggle when you put your bass into it or you've posted in the wrong place. :unsure:
[/quote]

Don't mock this amp for bass. A '74 AC30 I recently sold sounded huge with my Wal through it. Not loud enough by today's standards, but capable all the same.

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' timestamp='1347881723' post='1806013']
Don't mock this amp for bass. A '74 AC30 I recently sold sounded huge with my Wal through it. Not loud enough by today's standards, but capable all the same.

D.
[/quote]

My point is if you're playing in a band & want bass, this isn't gonna get you there. :(
I suppose you could disconnect the internal speakers & stick the amp through a decent bass cab. I know it doesn't lack volume as a guitar combo as one of my previous bandmates has one & whatever gu****r he popped through it sounded awesome.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1347882064' post='1806021']
My point is if you're playing in a band & want bass, this isn't gonna get you there. [/quote]+1. It's one of the great guitar amps of all time. By the same token it's contemporary in the auto world, the Jag XKE, was one of the great cars of all time. You wouldn't want to try using one as a six passenger SUV.
But by appearances the OP seems to be placing a for sale ad.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1347882064' post='1806021']
My point is if you're playing in a band & want bass, this isn't gonna get you there. :(
I suppose you could disconnect the internal speakers & stick the amp through a decent bass cab. I know it doesn't lack volume as a guitar combo as one of my previous bandmates has one & whatever gu****r he popped through it sounded awesome.
[/quote]

I still have one, though a little earlier than that. OK as a guitar amp, crappy as a bass amp. Yes, I did try.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1353512416' post='1875448']
A long long time ago, in a little workshop around the back of Hastings, I used to make them B) Oh what fun we had :D Might have even made that one :o :o

GLWTS

John
[/quote]

If you want it back - you know who to contact ...

• 3 months later...

I had one years ago. One of the original blue speaker versions. Wrapped it in plastic and left it in the shed before going to University for 4 years. Never took much notice in the years that passed until a friend of mine wanted to try one.

Went to my parents to dig it out for him only to find it missing! Come to think about it, the shed it stood in was also missing !!! Apparently my parents had no need for the shed and believing that the AC30 was past its best (it did look a little 'road worn' to say the least), condemned it to the tip along with the shed...!!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='vintage' timestamp='1364986933' post='2033604']
I found that this is a totally pointless website.
[/quote]

Really?
I've bought countless items large, small and everything in between on here.
However, it is primarily a Bass forum and you're not selling a bass item (really) I dont think to go to a car showroom to buy a tin of soup... so maybe you need to find a more appropriate forum?
Good luck, and I think it will sell. I'm looking myself because I was tempted.

:)

Edited by GremlinAndy