Why become a member? ×

E-Bay Madness

Count Bassy

Just couple of things that I've seen recently:

A quite old 4 x 10 cabinet went up with a starting price of £400, which I thought was a bit silly, and unsurprisingly got no bids.
Now re-listed with a buy it now price of £430!! WTF? What planet is the man on?

Secondly a Marshal B150 combo came up. Starting price £300!! Now I like Marshall kit and have one of these, but £300?? - I got mine for £100!

Just felt the need to share.

Hope neither of them is anyone here, but if it is then I do believe you're pushing your luck a bit!

Edited by Count Bassy

I have been having a clear out at home : we've had a big building project done, and we had to store a load of stuff in a unit, and consequently its really brought home how little I've used some stuff, espacially pedals - so they went on eBay. I always make a point of checking what stuff is going for on completed auctions, and to my amazement, discovered that an old Ibanez compressor I had owned since 1982 is now a very sought after item - as David Gilmour from the Floyd uses one, and they are really rare. It had been boxed, no battery, on a shelf for 20 years! They had been completing for about £120 - so I thought "great" and listed it. Well, 2 guys got into a bidding war, and it finished at well over £200.

That said, I was also going to list an early 80's Korean Squier Strat in Cherry red, which is all original and immaculate : a fantastic guitar, and I reckoned should fetch £150 - £200, but one just like it, in equal condition just finished at £80, so that's staying under the bed in it's case.

Just supply and demand I suppose, as always.

A

• 2 years later...

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1419113609' post='2636813']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MADNESS-autographed-guitar-/111542447951?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item19f872af4f"]Madness?[/url]
[/quote]

Not complete madness, he only got six of them.

Still ludicrously overpriced though :)

Edited by alyctes