Why become a member? ×

what the hell is this? deffinatly not a bass.

binky_bass

[quote name='binky_bass' post='19661' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:07 PM']as per the title....
what the hell is this evil creation?
[url="http://www.bassline.ch/produkte/occ/prod.info.borntorock.htm"]http://www.bassline.ch/produkte/occ/prod.info.borntorock.htm[/url]

answers on a postcard please.[/quote]

[quote name='"Borntorock"']Welcome to Born To Rock Design! The Born To Rock F4 guitar and bass are the professional's choice in electric instruments for touring or studio recording.[/quote]

It doesn't say which profession though? :)

Hamster

[quote name='binky_bass' post='19661' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:07 PM']as per the title....
what the hell is this evil creation?
[url="http://www.bassline.ch/produkte/occ/prod.info.borntorock.htm"]http://www.bassline.ch/produkte/occ/prod.info.borntorock.htm[/url]

answers on a postcard please.[/quote]

Someone might say the same thing about your avatar! :)

Genetic engineering has allowed them to insert the DNA from a Harley Davidson V-Rod into a donor egg taken from a Yamaha J-bass, producing this mutant zombie-axe.

Normally, the aluminium sub-frame is concealed beneath a layer of synth-skin, allowing this monster to avoid detection ... until it's too late.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='19741' date='Jun 18 2007, 05:19 PM']Genetic engineering has allowed them to insert the DNA from a Harley Davidson V-Rod into a donor egg taken from a Yamaha J-bass, producing this mutant zombie-axe.

Normally, the aluminium sub-frame is concealed beneath a layer of synth-skin, allowing this monster to avoid detection ... until it's too late.[/quote]

Wow! if Linda Hamilton is involved, put me down as interested ..
OG

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='19741' date='Jun 18 2007, 05:19 PM']Genetic engineering has allowed them to insert the DNA from a Harley Davidson V-Rod into a donor egg taken from a Yamaha J-bass, producing this mutant zombie-axe.

Normally, the aluminium sub-frame is concealed beneath a layer of synth-skin, allowing this monster to avoid detection ... until it's too late.[/quote]

And watch out for the Enimeticpolyalloy or T-1000 version sent back form the year 2050 to kill it......

[i][b]"I'll be back!" [/b][/i][size="4"][/size]

:)

i must agree with what some people have said before, technically because it has 4 strings, it doesn't matter what it's made out of, it's still an electric bass. However the instrument in your avatar because it has so many strings, it's not actually a bass. There is a name for it but it's very crazy.

[quote name='binky_bass' post='19717' date='Jun 18 2007, 04:36 PM']for me, it just doesnt look good, it looks cold and harsh!

but, it may play like a dream.

im interested to know the price on these things.

any ideas? anyone played one?[/quote]

Seen 'em before.

About £1400 shipped was last I heard. No UK dealers/ importers that I'm aware of.
If they did a "Jazz", I'd own one by now.

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='19737' date='Jun 18 2007, 05:14 PM']looking at those saddles. I'd be frightened to use a pick for fear of the strings coming off...[/quote]
Quite. I haven't yet worked out how one is supposed to adjust them with the strings still on.

As for the bass as a whole, it's a bit ridiculous, but each to his/her own. I'd certainly like to hear what it sounds like. Probably pretty industrial, with very little sustain is my guess.

haha, love the postcard, good work!

as for changing my tune... just thought id tone down my thoughts on this bass... people didnt like my innitial "what the hell is this" remark.

but still... deffinatly not a fan of it! call me shallow, but unless it sounded absolutly astonishingly ridiculously amazing, i just couldnt get rond the look of the thing!

probably the T-1000's bass of choice, and if its good enough for him, then who am i to disagree!

extended range bass or ERB if you will, would be the correct term for the "instrument" in my avatar.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='19807' date='Jun 18 2007, 06:40 PM']because it has 4 strings, it doesn't matter what it's made out of, it's still an electric bass. However the instrument in your avatar because it has so many strings, it's not actually a bass.[/quote]

basses are allowed more than four strings!

[quote name='binky_bass' post='20099' date='Jun 19 2007, 12:01 PM']extended range bass or ERB if you will, would be the correct term for the "instrument" in my avatar.[/quote]

I thought 'gargantar' was the new name for single-neck fretted instruments that span the pitch range of a guitar and bass (and possibly mandolin and contra-bass).

[quote name='binky_bass' post='20099' date='Jun 19 2007, 12:01 PM']extended range bass or ERB if you will, would be the correct term for the "instrument" in my avatar.[/quote]

no no no the correct term is "power ranger" :huh:

or alternatively

superbassharpdoodah :)

just kiddin dude that Bee Bass is gonna be awesome