Why become a member? ×

New Vid - fast bass tapping with distortion

Captain Bass

Andy - this sh*t is ridiculous - I mean if you weren't doing it so damn well I'd probably actually dislike it - but I don't I totally dig it because you absolutely nail everything you want to nail - musically it's not my bag but I 100% admire you and your dedication and skill - my only advice is just go as hard as you can at this and see where the hell you end up - it could be both interesting and profitable :)

Keep it the hell up my man

Mike

Well executed in the bass department, no doubt about that. The only thing I'd suggest is that unfortunately the backing track is really badly clipping throughout through my monitors. Pull the overall level back and work on the mastering and you'll be laughing.

Drop D tuning yeah?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1344548790' post='1766418']
...The only thing I'd suggest is that unfortunately the backing track is really badly clipping throughout through my monitors. Pull the overall level back and work on the mastering and you'll be laughing.
[/quote]

^ Ditto.

As for the playing... phenomenal! Great skills and really nice lines as others have mentioned.

Well executed in the bass department, no doubt about that. The only thing I'd suggest is that unfortunately the backing track is really badly clipping throughout through my monitors. Pull the overall level back and work on the mastering and you'll be laughing.

Drop D tuning yeah?
[/quote]

It's not clipping through my headphones... weird

Drop D tuning yeah?
[/quote]

Yeh drop D dood!

I thought the same about the clipping when I exported the video from Adobe Premiere.
However the actual EP which is on iTunes has been professionally summed and mastered to not peak beyond 0db so I am blaming my poor video editing skills!

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1344545872' post='1766365']
Andy - this sh*t is ridiculous - I mean if you weren't doing it so damn well I'd probably actually dislike it - but I don't I totally dig it because you absolutely nail everything you want to nail - musically it's not my bag but I 100% admire you and your dedication and skill - my only advice is just go as hard as you can at this and see where the hell you end up - it could be both interesting and profitable :)

Keep it the hell up my man

Mike
[/quote]
I'm glad you can understand what i'm trying to do mate.
I am on the fence if I should carry on in this direction of if I should create another EP completely different.

Have you got a new album out yet?
if so i'd like to do an album swap again?

Hope you are well buddy,
Andy

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1345575326' post='1779084']
How many hours a day do you practice?

A serious question.

I don't think I could reach that speed even if I gave up work and sat on the bass 24/7 :)
[/quote]

I have always played to a metronome and I challenge myself to practice to higher bpm's. It may sound a bit obsessive but I record myself to check transient peaks to the beat map within my DAW to improve on my timing, especially with polyrhythmic material. This way when any of my drummer friends say 'you were not tight in that section' I can tell them to shove their drum sticks up their %^&$@

Also i'm a young looking 30 year old (or so i've been told :unsure: ) who has been playing since the tender age of 15 :) and didn't get invited out by any of the cool kids at school :mellow:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1344938776' post='1771268']
This is cheeky a hell but... do you have a tab for it? :lol:

Would be great to be able to sit and learn it :D
[/quote]

You know, I was going to ask that for a laugh, but since Charic has done it for me I can now say it seriously.

Really, really nice playing.