Why become a member? ×

a couple of thousand LPs and CDs to go...

I was a journalist on Kerrang (plus a few other mags) and I was also a rock club DJ about two billion years ago.

As a consequence I have a pretty enormous collection of rock albums, mainly from the mid 80s to mid 90s which I frankly never ever listen to anymore. The collection is a mixture of LP, 12" singles and CDs. They're cluttering the place up and I haven't even owned a working turntable at home since about 1997... At a conservative estimate I'd say there are between 1500 and 2000 items in total.

There are a lot of promo copies, white labels and rareties in there and there are frankly too many to catalogue; in fact it's the very idea of actually going through them and listing them which has stopped me making any effort to be rid in the past.

I'm based in Liverpool . Come and browse (I'll make you a cuppa) and take what you want in return for folding money. If you want the lot, hell, I'll make you two cups of tea. Oh, but do let me know you're coming first...

[quote name='Scoop' post='185687' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:37 AM']I was a journalist on Kerrang (plus a few other mags) and I was also a rock club DJ about two billion years ago.

As a consequence I have a pretty enormous collection of rock albums, mainly from the mid 80s to mid 90s which I frankly never ever listen to anymore. The collection is a mixture of LP, 12" singles and CDs. They're cluttering the place up and I haven't even owned a working turntable at home since about 1997... At a conservative estimate I'd say there are between 1500 and 2000 items in total.

There are a lot of promo copies, white labels and rareties in there and there are frankly too many to catalogue; in fact it's the very idea of actually going through them and listing them which has stopped me making any effort to be rid in the past.

I'm based in Liverpool . Come and browse (I'll make you a cuppa) and take what you want in return for folding money. If you want the lot, hell, I'll make you two cups of tea. Oh, but do let me know you're coming first...[/quote]

Liverpool...damn. Any chance I could PM you with a list and see if you've got any of the ones that I might be after?

[quote name='johnnylager' post='185897' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:17 PM']List it, cash waiting![/quote]

I think the best thing I can do is take it one box at a time - there are LOTS of boxes - maybe at a box per fortnight or something.

I'll get onto listing them tomorrow.

Cheers for the interest folks.

dave.

[quote name='Scoop' post='186024' date='Apr 26 2008, 05:13 PM']I think the best thing I can do is take it one box at a time - there are LOTS of boxes - maybe at a box per fortnight or something.

I'll get onto listing them tomorrow.

Cheers for the interest folks.

dave.[/quote]

Bleedinell, Dave. if only you were a bit closer. I'd be round there at high speed for a good rummage.

[quote name='Bassworm' post='187098' date='Apr 28 2008, 12:07 PM']Bleedinell, Dave. if only you were a bit closer. I'd be round there at high speed for a good rummage.[/quote]

oooh, Mike. You'd be welcome for a rummage in my "collection" anytime.

Dammit. I must stop this medication.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Scoop' post='185687' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:37 AM']I was a journalist on Kerrang...Oh, but do let me know you're coming first...[/quote]

I'm not in the market for any CDs right now, but by a weird coincidence my cat, Scoop, shares your username. Somewhat trivial I know.

Post a list!
P