Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass! First one correct MAY win a Prize!

Eljay

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1342638226' post='1738533']
Why on earth would anybody find the thread confusing?
[/quote]

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1342638226' post='1738533']
The only people I can see that were rude in this thread were the various people who seemed to think that it was a competition & questioned the OP about the prize.

I think you & the other people were pretty damn rude about the OP's motives for the thread, especially as he's a newcomer.

Quite frankly I think you've got a bloody nerve talking about the forum being friendly & civil after the way you reacted to the thread, which only a complete idiot would have thought was a competition in the first place.
[/quote]

I guess some of us complete idiots (as you put it) managed to confused the phrase "[i]may win a prize[/i]" with "[i]you won't win a prize, I was only joking.... but let's have a look at what you could have won... we have distributors near you[/i]".
Sort of thread happens all the time.

Looks like some people are taking things too seriously here. I don't think the OP has done anything out of place here except perhaps be a little sensitive to peoples reactions. A few have jumped in to follow to try and make a big scene, seen it all before I'm afraid.

I would appreciate it if the bickering stopped (from all parties).

Any issues drop me a PM, thanks.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1342642768' post='1738646']
Thanks for the offer, Machines. I've PM'ed you a list of my enemies. I look forward to their demise :)
[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint Gust0o but...
[list]
[*]A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
[*]A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
[*]A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
[/list]

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1342642768' post='1738646']
Thanks for the offer, Machines. I've PM'ed you a list of my enemies. I look forward to their demise :)
[/quote]

Also I've been playing a bit of the old Walking Dead recently. I can not dies.

:D

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1342642857' post='1738648']

Sorry to disappoint Gust0o but...
[list]
[*]A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
[*]A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
[*]A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
[/list]
[/quote]

You've confused me with Johnny 5 and Asimo.

Ummm..Here's a picture of a cute Kitty.

Shall we discuss him then??

English humour.

I really REALLY hope I can work booking a 2-week tour in England.
I'm trying with an Agent here, lots of details as you might imagine.
We're not rawkstars, just a bumpin' 3-piece R&B Rhythm Section backing an outstanding Vocalist, doing OUTSTANDING old/new school covers. Some of youse would prolly like it.

Then: In no particular Order:

I would [u]GIVE AWAY[/u] Bass-Guitar straps for all my new friends from English TalkbassChat!
we could all have a pint at the local;
I could laugh-make that WE could all laugh at the ridiculous nonsensical assumptions and posts-counter posts made here.

So much fun on the Web!

Maybe there's a Croatian BassChat, and an Abdjerdejebian (sp?) BassChat, etc.

(Some of) YOUSE guys.

haha

'Cheers. :lol:

[b] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/1194-ou7shined/"]Ou7shined[/url]- Yes the people liked me, and I in turn liked them back. For you see, when on talks IN PERSON, face-to-face, one cannot make inane internet comments, like" AHHA you DO sell these straps! Gotcha!"[/b]

Yes I do, to Retailers, in the United States. I'm proud of the work I represent, but the motive was not to advertise this product, it was encompassed in a thread which was a lark, and a discourse on the discontinued Gretsch SpectraSonic which is/was a great bass guitar.

I don't GET you and the others that flew of the broom with this nonsense. Buzzkill; un-necessary stuff.
But to each their ZOne.

I still think England was one of the BEST travel experiences I;'ve had, and there have been many. As stated, I do wish to return and am trying to enfold a visit with a series of gigs. That would be cool. My Vocalist is beyond belief, and altho he probably won't tour with us, the guitarist in my project is high-profile, having worked with Diana Ross and Rod Stewart among others. Schweet. (Is that from Eton too?)

Hope to see youse all soon. I did not get a chance to interface with the Bass Shops when I was over; I planned to go to Bass Centre I think it was, but my lady at the time was pulling me to the Tower of London, Harrods, all over the beautiful place. Killer Castles; Killer people.

OK- Here' a pic of another bass-

I DEFY anyone here to tell me WHAT exactly it is...

Hawhaw

Hint- NONE

Prize: NONE WHATSOEVER

Good Luck to us all!

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1342646840' post='1738804']
Psst, Eljay. Ima give you a clue, cos I like the cut of your gib. He's not English. Don't tell the others I told you, or I'll go all Congress of Vienna on you, ok?
[/quote]

JIB, not gib, eh funny Italian comedian whose name I forget...Topo Gigio???

Now let's see what ya got...
The Bass???

...That's what I thought! :lol:

Edited by Eljay

[i][b]But no such model exists...[/b][/i]

However good eyes there, Roland Rock. Except the color is SeaFoam, not aqua.

It's a Dano PRO Guitar body that was bench-fitted to a Dano Bass neck. Unless someone else did this, it's a one and only.
It's been professionally set-up, has great low action and perfect intonation; to me it looks so bad it's GOOD.
How does it play you ask??

Sounds like a Dano; that's a good thing.

It would seem there are those who go into massive uproars and convulsions when I made the mere mention of being happy to rep a USA-made strap line.

So you must note that I offered no strap-prize with this one.

Good job though Roland, you know your Dano's; even models that never were.

Here Now. tell me what we got here....

Edited by Eljay

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1342643974' post='1738682']
You've confused me with Johnny 5 and Asimo.
[/quote]

My mistake: [url="http://www.totalfilm.com/features/the-16-terminator-rules-mcg-must-follow/the-terminators-absolutely-should-not-stop-ever"]http://www.totalfilm.com/features/the-16-terminator-rules-mcg-must-follow/the-terminators-absolutely-should-not-stop-ever[/url]