Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass! First one correct MAY win a Prize!

Eljay

Okay ma bruthas in the UK-
Let me now see if there are some eagle-eyed Bass Identifiers in Merry Olde England et al...

First on who can correctly identify the bass pictured WITH it's Model Number-
(That is necessary!) wins the title of Something-or-the other; I'll see what I can come up with...

Oh, and extra points if you can tell me the specs and pickups-

Ready...

GO.

That is a Gretsch G6145 Spectrasonic bass.
22 frets, mahogany neck, paduak fretboard (33inch scale), alder body, spruce top, T.V. Jones Thundertron pickups.
Spectrasonics used to be made for Gretsch by Hamer, but I think they're made in Japan now since Fender bought Hamer & turned it into a custom order only business.

(The two other guitar forums I am a member of are the Gretsch Discussion Pages & The Hamer Fan Club Forum!)

[b]Well Done![/b]

Wow, that was fast, and accurate!

That SpectraSonic (Mine, btw :lol: ) was made in the Terada Japan factory as designated by the "T" Serial number. They're discontinued of course, have been for awhile. TV Jones has his current SpectraSonic guitars made offshore; he keeps talking about a Bass, but nuthin' yet.

What a Killer bass it is! Great build quality, the Thundertrons are excellent, and a chambered bass like this THUMPS like a champ.
You Win!
Game Over!

If I could send overseas one of the awesome straps that I rep for, I would, but for now-

My respect for your knowledge.
I've posted on the Gretsch Forum as well, and the Hamer Monaco is one helluva bass too!

I don't get this. :blink:
The OP says hi to the UK, poses a question and offers a prize to the winner. The question is duly answered (with bells on)... and surprise surprise by a UK dude. But then it is revealed that his prize cannot be posted to the UK... but there may be distributors somewhere. :unsure:

Huh? Is this an advert? Did I miss something?

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342623738' post='1738085']
The OP says hi to the UK, poses a question and offers a prize to the winner. The question is duly answered (with bells on)... and surprise surprise by a UK dude. But then it is revealed that his prize cannot be posted to the UK... but there may be distributors somewhere. :unsure:

[/quote]
Yes - strange :unsure:

[/quote]

+ many.
Seems a bit odd.

Yes, you totally missed out.

You MISSED that it was all in good fun, and that I think those straps are kool, and thought some might like seeing pics of what I think is a nice product.

Have you an issue with that? Is there a problem?? Do you REALLY think I'm trying to SELL something or get free advertising on this board??
Are you nuts??

Greedy, suspicious, insecure people think like that I guess, and can't see what good cheer is.

I can, so Cheers and cheerio to your ridiculous theory!

Holy Stratford-Upon-Avon!

I totally dug the people I met in Britain, from the maid at the Hotel in Bath, to the Old Folks in Devonshire, to the hipsters in London-

But some of youse guys here on this Forum....
Wow wow wow.

Don't make me do Lexingon/Concord on you bad-attitude Brits; there's too many Goodfellows here, I trust!!!

here- Here's a pic of a strap I had custom-made by a guy in Texas- It has my initials so I won't ever sell it of course.
The Shamrock on it was a homage to my trip/visit to Ireland (I'm not Irish. alas)

Get it????

See I like straps, that's about it, and I'm lucky enuff to work as a rep for a made-in-usa not china strap company that has a heritage. Yes they're distributed in England, am I trying to get you to buy one???

PLEASE! I could care less, thought someone might chime in "Nice!" Just as the Spectra-Sonic is NICE!

that ain't for sale either.

Here's another one, made for me by a great gal in Australia, Chantal.
The deal with that- THAT is a Native American "Katchina", the Eagle Dancer Spirit. Concept was it FLIES over BS rather than engage it. Those Injuns knew wassup, huh???

Kewl Huh??

Jeesh.

Edited by Eljay

[/quote]

The post title says "MAY" win a prize - I assumed from the outset that it was just a jokey title & that there was no prize, I certainly didn't provide the answer in the hope of winning anything.

I am VERY surprised that anybody would have thought for a second that this was an actual competition.

Cut the guy some slack.

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1342630566' post='1738313']
The post title says "MAY" win a prize - I assumed from the outset that it was just a jokey title & that there was no prize, I certainly didn't provide the answer in the hope of winning anything.

I am VERY surprised that anybody would have thought for a second that this was an actual competition.

Cut the guy some slack.
[/quote]

Thank you form California USA for showing me that SOME can get it.

And Rhys, if I could I would HAPPILY get you a strap.
Originally about the kewl Gretsch, once answered moved on...

Crikey! (is that a correct vernacular rejoinder??) :lol:

I found the SpectraSonic at Musician's Friend, an on-line retailer here. It had been lingering in the warehouse for sometime. Bought it on faith, and could not be happier. It has a Danelectro type vibe, and the chambering kills!
It came w/out a case, and I ranted at them, because it needs one and will not fit any generic case.

Fender owns Gretsch, talked with them- They still had some cases available, but I needed to provide them with the Serial # of the instrument!

They REQUIRE that to "release" the product. Tt came (at no charge as I had already paid for it), and the rest is history.

I had a Thunderjet model that I sold, couldn't handle the "Space-Age" floating bridge. The G6145 has a more traditional bridge fitted,

Really really like this Bass, not too many players woudl know of it.
Again- well Done!

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1342631714' post='1738345']
"MAY" win a prize!?

Tfft, it's July anyway, 6 weeks late.

;)
[/quote]

COULD win a Prize??
SHOULD win a Prize??

Maybe-

"I better not be sayin' anything about a Prize 'round these h'yar parts, or I'll be horn-swoggled if some take umbrage and virtually kick my arse for implying such'

Oh, If I could only turn back the clock of Time.....

I'd buy the right lottery ticket, that's what! :lol:

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342630284' post='1738304']PLEASE! I could care less[/quote]

Point of order Mr Chairman; it's "I could[b]n't[/b] care less", on the grounds that "I could care less" means the exact opposite of what the usual intention of the phrase implies.

Now back to your scheduled discussion.........

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342631973' post='1738356']
COULD win a Prize??
[b]SHOULD[/b] win a Prize??

Maybe-

"I better not be sayin' anything about a Prize 'round these h'yar parts, or I'll be horn-swoggled if some take umbrage and virtually kick my arse for implying such'

Oh, If I could only turn back the clock of Time.....

I'd buy the right lottery ticket, that's what! :lol:
[/quote]

Putting [b]should[/b] would have rattled the natives even more, probably :)

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342630284' post='1738304']

You MISSED that it was all in good fun, and that I think those straps are kool, and thought some might like seeing pics of what I think is a nice product.

Have you an issue with that? Is there a problem?? Do you REALLY think I'm trying to SELL something or get free advertising on this board??
Are you nuts??

Greedy, suspicious, insecure people think like that I guess, and can't see what good cheer is.

Holy Stratford-Upon-Avon!

I totally dug the people I met in Britain, from the maid at the Hotel in Bath, to the Old Folks in Devonshire, to the hipsters in London-

Wow wow wow.

Don't make me do Lexingon/Concord on you bad-attitude Brits; there's too many Goodfellows here, I trust!!!

here- Here's a pic of a strap I had custom-made by a guy in Texas- It has my initials so I won't ever sell it of course.
The Shamrock on it was a homage to my trip/visit to Ireland (I'm not Irish. alas)

Get it????

See I like straps, that's about it, and I'm lucky enuff to work as a rep for a made-in-usa not china strap company that has a heritage. Yes they're distributed in England, am I trying to get you to buy one???

PLEASE! I could care less, thought someone might chime in "Nice!" Just as the Spectra-Sonic is NICE!

that ain't for sale either.

Here's another one, made for me by a great gal in Australia, Chantal.
The deal with that- THAT is a Native American "Katchina", the Eagle Dancer Spirit. Concept was it FLIES over BS rather than engage it. Those Injuns knew wassup, huh???

Kewl Huh??

Jeesh.
[/quote]

Now you see, before you start name calling - like 'greedy, suspicious, insecure' whatever - may I refer you to a thread I ran a few days ago, in a similar vein - that is 'for a bit of fun'.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/181309-new-day-guess-the-weight-just-for-a-laugh-%3B-won-by-discreet/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]
Where the lucky 'winner' did in fact get his prize :) :D :P Maybe us Brits do things differently :happy:

Edited by KiOgon

Wow wow wow.
[/quote]

I know what you mean, buddy. I went on Talkbass once, too; pack of *****. Good job you got out when you did.

Welcome in or some sh*te :)

Yeah, and If I was in the US bleedin' A, walking down the sidewalk, pushing a stroller and watching the streetcars crossing fifteenth and vine and an American says to me, "I could care less".
I would say,

"Oi!, NOOOOOO! I respect your colonial right to be economic with the letter "u", just to be different, when you're busy putting COLOR into your HARBOR, but that doesn't give you an excuse to not mean what you say about prizes!"

Whoa calm the beans Mac. All I did was ask for clarification on your confusing thread. :unsure:
You appear to have a unique posting style. May I retort?

Have you an issue with that? Is there a problem?? Do you REALLY think I'm trying to SELL something or get free advertising on this board?? [/quote]

Your rude assumptions aside, can you blame people for thinking this was a thread about guessing the name of a bass (the clue is kinda in the title) so when it turns out to be a thread about a cool bass which suddely derails itself in one jump to some obscure straps there might be some confusion?
It did indeed come accross to some of us as some sort of failed backdoor sales pitch... my bad.

Are you nuts??

Holy Stratford-Upon-Avon![/quote]

Who knows. But you sir are 100% rude for throwing accusations 5 minutes after joining a friendly forum such as this. I guess that sort of thing is ok on TB but here things are met far more civilly.
You might want to lay off the Austin Powers style language while you're at it too as it's not really appreciated. There is a lot of diversity on these isles and your stereotype accounts for less than 1% of it.

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342630284' post='1738304']I totally dug the people I met in Britain, from the maid at the Hotel in Bath, to the Old Folks in Devonshire, to the hipsters in London-[/quote]

I bet they really dug you too.

Wow wow wow.

Don't make me do Lexingon/Concord on you bad-attitude Brits; there's too many Goodfellows here, I trust!!![/quote]

Again rude, irrelevant, obscure and threaten.... that's just not jolly old cricket chin chin old chap tickety-boo toodle-pip.

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342630284' post='1738304']here- Here's a pic of a strap I had custom-made by a guy in Texas- It has my initials so I won't ever sell it of course.

Get it????[/quote]

Nope. I thought this was a thread about guessing a bass.

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342630284' post='1738304']See I like straps, that's about it, and I'm lucky enuff to work as a rep for a made-in-usa not china strap company that has a heritage. Yes they're distributed in England, am I trying to get you to buy one???

that ain't for sale either.[/quote]

Ah so you do sell these straps. :lol:

[quote name='Eljay' timestamp='1342630284' post='1738304']Here's another one, made for me by a great gal in Australia, Chantal.

Kewl Huh??

Jeesh.
[/quote]

Hey NICE !

:blink:

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342637157' post='1738506']
All I did was ask for clarification on your confusing thread. :unsure:

Why on earth would anybody find the thread confusing?

Your rude assumptions aside, can you blame people for thinking this was a thread about guessing the name of a bass (the clue is kinda in the title) so when it turns out to be a thread about a cool bass which suddely derails itself in one jump to some obscure straps there might be some confusion?

Who knows. But you sir are 100% rude for throwing accusations 5 minutes after joining a friendly forum such as this. I guess that sort of thing is ok on TB but here things are met far more civilly.
[/quote]

The only people I can see that were rude in this thread were the various people who seemed to think that it was a competition & questioned the OP about the prize.

I think you & the other people were pretty damn rude about the OP's motives for the thread, especially as he's a newcomer.

Quite frankly I think you've got a bloody nerve talking about the forum being friendly & civil after the way you reacted to the thread, which only a complete idiot would have thought was a competition in the first place.