Why become a member? ×

The top 10 most wanted Fender basses

Beno

Found this during a browse and thought ye might be interested.

[url="http://www.devilsadvocate.tv/soifer/fenderwanted.htm"]http://www.devilsadv...enderwanted.htm[/url]

It may have been posted before ? (sure I'm only a noob) :)

"Asked why he had never played a Precision bass, McCartney once said in an interview that he had thought about it, but had considered himself "too much of an amateur" for such a professional instrument and found that the Precision bass was out of his price range!"

:huh:

Interesting! Not particularly well written though, and some of the comments are extremely subjective - for example: "[i]Jaco Pastorius was unquestionably the greatest musician to ever wield a bass guitar[/i]." Oh really? :rolleyes: :blink:

Thanks for sharing though! :)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1342181599' post='1730962']
Interesting! Not particularly well written though, and some of the comments are extremely subjective - for example: "[i]Jaco Pastorius was unquestionably the greatest musician to ever wield a bass guitar[/i]." Oh really? :rolleyes: :blink:[/quote]

Nonsense, I've seen loads of guitarists pick up basses from time to time.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1342182543' post='1730989']
Nonsense, I've seen loads of guitarists pick up basses from time to time.
[/quote]

Erm, that doesn't necessarily make them musicians though...

Interesting article, thanks.

Fortunatly, Bass of Doom reappeared and the luthier did a great job with remaining pieces.

On the other hand, among the most sought after BASSES i would add :

- Donald "Duck" Dunn Precision bass.

RIP Dear Mister Dunn.

http://www.thfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/donald-dunn-dies.jpg

-

Edited by Emanew

[quote name='matski' timestamp='1342179896' post='1730917']"Asked why he had never played a Precision bass, McCartney once said in an interview that he had thought about it, but had considered himself "too much of an amateur" for such a professional instrument and found that the Precision bass was out of his price range!"

:huh:[/quote]
Recall reading an interview with Macca where he was talking about his early career, and why he bought a Hofner, as opposed to a Fender, and that attribution is to those comments. With The Beatles and solo seem to recall him playing various Fenders, as well as Precision-alikes such as a Yamaha BB1200.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1342229835' post='1732205']
Recall reading an interview with Macca where he was talking about his early career, and why he bought a Hofner, as opposed to a Fender, and that attribution is to those comments. With The Beatles and solo seem to recall him playing various Fenders, as well as Precision-alikes such as a Yamaha BB1200.
[/quote]
He's also played Rickenbackers and Wals.