Why become a member? ×

How Good Are Thomann.de

Samashton12

I've said it before, I'll say it again - if you have a problem or a query, call them, don't email. They are incredibly efficient on the phone but very slack on the email. And yes, they do speak English, some even natively, as some of the operators tele-work from other European countries, including the UK.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1340405847' post='1704251']
I've said it before, I'll say it again - if you have a problem or a query, call them, don't email. They are incredibly efficient on the phone but very slack on the email. And yes, they do speak English, some even natively, as some of the operators tele-work from other European countries, including the UK.
[/quote]
To be honest, the reason I didn't phone was because I have no idea how much it costs to phone Germany and didn't fancy getting a big surprise phone bill. Anyway, it all got sorted in the end, and knowing what I know now, I'd probably still use them if the price was right, just be a little more prepared for any issues.

They're pretty damn good - never bought instruments, but have bought plenty of other things (pick ups, strings, picks, stands, cables etc).

Everything's always well packed, arrived on time and their updates are great.

As the exchange rate gets better so do the prices - though it's not so good now as it was a few years back.

Edited by Fuzzbass2000

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1340409581' post='1704290']
Heh - I'm painfully aware of that, believe me. I use skype-to-phone to call my parents in Italy, and Thomann at any available opportunity, and it's much cheaper than using a landline or a phonecard.
[/quote]
Maybe I should look into this Skype thing, don't really know much about it.

[quote name='silentbob' timestamp='1340410827' post='1704304']
Maybe I should look into this Skype thing, don't really know much about it.
[/quote]

It's very variable. I have a client who phones me using Skype the conversation takes 3 times as long as it would if they'd used a proper phone due to delays and the rubbish sound quality. The extra I bill them for my time that uses up probably more than off-sets the phone charges they are saving.

I ordered a set of Schaller tuners from them on monday and they arrived yesterday. Great service and communication and I got them cheaper than I could from the UK even after having to pay the 10 euro postage as it was below 199.