Why become a member? ×

Hello from a new member

Pestie

Hello to you all. I have recently joined Bass Chat after just taking up the bass. I am now totally obsessed and have aquired four lovely basses.
[list=1]
[*]Fender Mex Jazz
[*]Gibson SG short scale
[*]G&L Tribute L2000
[*]Squier Precision Bass Special
[/list]
Is there any hope for me, or does bass aquisition syndrome just get worse?

Best wishes to you all

Molecatcher Mick :D

Hi Mike,

Welcome to BC from another noob.
B.A.S. will not become worse, but since it will stay the same, you're in for a fast ride. See you again in a few years when you'll have acquired 834 of them. Careful with that signature, please!

Don't forget B.A.S. also requires that you develop generic GAS, and buy pedals and amps ... and plectraiiums.

Thank you all for my very nice welcome.

Yes, I do seem to have aquired a lot of instruments in a short time, but that is what I seem to do and guess what? I have my eye on another so I will soon reach 834!!!!!!!!!!

I am not one of the Leicestershire Vickers I don't think. I am one the Darlington Vickers who now lives in Oxfordshire.

best

Mick

Can anybody help me please? I have replied to a couple of ads but I haven't had any replies. How/where do I get access to the replies? Do they come to my e-mail or will they come back as an answer on the actual ad?

Thank you, confused of Oxfordshire!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

[quote name='Mike Vickers' timestamp='1340802942' post='1709797']
I have replied to a couple of ads but I haven't had any replies. How/where do I get access to the replies?
[/quote]

It depends. People can answer in the thread itself or send you a Personal Message. If it's a PM, you should be abe to see that in the envelope icon at the top of the screen while you are logged in.

[quote name='Mike Vickers' timestamp='1340813758' post='1710007']
Hello Jerry

My current fav is a delicious G&L Tribute L2000!!!! It's lovely with a wonderful top and nice maple board. I see you have one as well what do you think of yours? Thank you for your welcome.

Mike
[/quote]

Mike, i have only had it for 2 days! It was a swap via the For Sale forum on this very site. In the short time i have had it i would say its quite incredible in terms of build quality and range of sounds. I had to go and find a video that explained what all the switches do. I am really looking forward to playing it and am taking it out gigging over the weekend.

Hello Jerry

Let me know how you get on with the L2000 after gigging it. I had to look at a video as well because I couldn't work it out. I am really new to the bass and found all of the switches confusing but think I have got them sorted now. I am just learning Mustang Sally and it seems to suit it very well.

Enjoy your gig, thanks for your feedack and thanks to all you others who helped me out. I am not used to the site yet but I will get there.

Mike

Mike

i had a real workout on the bass last night playing through some recording software. Knowing what the switches do really helps :lol:

I am very impressed with the quality of the sounds on this bass. IMO they are pro-level. They remind me a bit of a Lakland that i once had. The PuPs are really powerful - had to watch the clipping on the input.

One issue i have is the action - i need to do a couple of things on the truss rod.

All the best

Jerry

Nice one Jerry. I still haven't fully got to grips with mine yet, and, I am still a very beginning bass player, although a complete convert and really hope to get in a band one day. I am currently interested in a Fender USA P Bass Deluxe. Do you think it is worth spending the dosh on it or will the L-2000 do the job just as well.

best wishes

Mike

[quote name='Mike Vickers' timestamp='1340114004' post='1699282'][list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Is there any hope for me, or does bass aquisition syndrome just get worse?

[/quote]
[/list]

You obviously didn't read the site disclaimer "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Welcome to GAS central :)

Cor Blimey, I've only gone and bought another!!!!!!!!!!!! Just been and got a lovely Fender USA P Bass Deluxe. It's delicious. I obviously didn't read the site disclaimer, but this is my last, honest????????????????

[quote name='Mike Vickers' timestamp='1341070667' post='1713505']
Cor Blimey, I've only gone and bought another!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Just part of the degreening, lad.

[quote name='Mike Vickers' timestamp='1341070667' post='1713505']
but this is my last, honest????????????????
[/quote]

Of course it is.

Congrats!