Why become a member? ×

Great Moderating

flyfisher

Not wishing to revive a locked thread, but I would like to record my admiration for the way the mods occasionally step in to close down a topic without creating loads of discontent.

This one in particular is a masterclass:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/111461-why-does-no-one-buy-anything-on-this-site/page__view__findpost__p__1687722

If only BC-style moderation was applied on some of the other forums I visit where the mod's behaviour often causes a bigger argument than the original discussion being moderated. :blink:

Yet another win for BC. Thanks guys!

I agree with flyfisher re: the mods

It's a shame the love seems to have diminished from BC a bit lately. I'm sure this is just a temporary state of affairs.
The weather doesn't help. Every aspect of my life seems to include grumpiness and misery at the moment so I really hope this doesn't spread to BC! :o

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1339433901' post='1688411']
I can't see why it was locked TBH.[/quote]

Seemed a bit arbitrary to me. Yes, the thread wasn't exactly Pulitzer Prize material and was obviously quite silly and pointless... but are threads going to be locked because a 'joke' isn't considered to be funny any more? How is 'fun' going to be 'calculated' on BC? Would it have made a difference if the thread has been posted in Off Topic instead of General Discussion? Off Topic is after all, and I quote, 'For talking crap, really...' :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1339432168' post='1688382']
Creep! :P
[/quote]
:lol:
Well maybe, but it's still true.

However, I'd rather this discussion doesn't turn into a mod-bashing one. I'm not a great advocate of censorship and if someone wants to start their own topic to bash the mods then fine, go ahead, but don't use mine. ;)

(I guess that confirms the 'Creep' comment :lol: )

I reported that thread, I would guess others may have.. My reason for reporting it was that it was such a long time ago and also the guy still uses the site and to be teased like we're all in our pre-teens a year later is rather infantile.. and not that nice...

On the flip side, he only spends his time on the classified section ;)

[quote name='algmusic' timestamp='1339527194' post='1690006']
My reason for reporting it was that it was such a long time ago and also the guy still uses the site and to be teased like we're all in our pre-teens a year later is rather infantile.. and not that nice...
[/quote]

That's a very good point. :)

Edited by skankdelvar

I personally felt at the time that the censorship of that thread was a tad unnecessary (couldn't care one way or another now like) as the TIM joke has evolved beyond bashing a particularly silly rant, into an established BC meme. I could understand if the OP had pulled the plug on it as we don't all have the same ability to laugh at ourselves. But if there are some Mary Whitehouses out there that feel the need to report such things just because they don't get the joke then yeah on that basis it was unnecessary.