Why become a member? ×

Great Moderating

flyfisher

It's always a judgement call about closing a thread, and I'm not saying my judgement is always spot on (I once bought an Ashdown cab ffs!)

The thread in question was about gear not selling, so several pages of Tim jokes was far enough off-topic for it to take a rather late bath.

The 'staff' are always grateful for threads/posts being reported as we spend enough time here as it is without having to read every post every day. Some reported threads we let run for a while as the forumites and Bajistas are quite a good bunch of chaps and chapesses and can usually sort things out without much bloodletting - so a big [b]Thank You[/b] - to you all, it makes modding much easier! :)

Got to dash now as I'm half-way through waxing Dood's legs and he does like a matching pair.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1339576438' post='1690651']
It's in my upcoming book, 'Easy Fart Bass for Old Slappers' (Omnibus Press, £9.99).
[/quote]

Surely it should be titled "Old Fart Bass for Easy Slappers"?
If you did that you could probably increase the price onehundredfold so's I could then buy it at Amazons knock down Kindle price of £0.99. ;)

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1339577518' post='1690683']
It's always a judgement call about closing a thread, and I'm not saying my judgement is always spot on (I once bought an Ashdown cab ffs!)

The thread in question was about gear not selling, so several pages of Tim jokes was far enough off-topic ...[/quote]

I'll defend against censorship or when the right to choose is taken away from the individual... but I also stand by the fact that the site rules are paramount, and it was definitely 100% off topic (I think the topic was actually questioning the validity of a classified section on this site). Maybe a cautionary nudge back on topic would have felt less reactionary. However, it would be hard to deny that the thread had become TIM based and there was no debate at all as only one person from thousands (depite having the majority of his posts there) felt that a classified section on this forum was a waste of TI... er sorry ... time, therefore the asinine rant and the thread itself was, as we all knew moot. I can live with it's demise. :)

The thread is dead. Long live TIM. :D