Why become a member? ×

STOLEN: Sandberg California PM4 Supreme

Sumbabba

Another sad tale of thievery: I played a lovely little festival called the Edale Folk Festival on Saturday night. It was set in a very secluded and idyllic location in the Edale Valley in the Peak District and was attended by approximately 500 people (including, randomly, Jarvis Cocker who was selling Pimm's!).

My band was headlining and we played an absolute stormer of a set (even if I do say so myself). As it was such a small and local affair all the bands thought nothing of leaving their gear backstage in the main tent overnight and we all proceeded to go and get pissed down the local pub. The next day I went back to the site to pick up my stuff and lo and behold, my bass was the only bit of kit that wasn't there. Cue lots of running around talking to the organisers and panicked phone calls to other band members who had already left.

Unfortunately no-one had picked it up or put it somewhere safe and I finally had to conclude that, however unlikely it seemed, it'd been nicked.

I told the local police and it is insured but damn I loved that bass. A custom spec Sandberg California PM4 Supreme with an imbuia top & headstock, alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, mother-of-pearl block inlays and black hardware. I can remember each and every contour of the body, the response of each fret on the fretboard, the way the bass pot would be a little bit difficult to turn, each and every ding in the wood. Most of all I can remember how it sounded... Last night I actually cried over a plank of wood for heaven's sake!

I've emailed this poster to every music shop and Cash Converters within 50 miles of the site so finger crossed. If you know anyone who lives around those areas then please ask them to keep an eye out for it. It's one of a kind!

Many thanks.

Edited by Sumbabba

Thanks guys, my post on Facebook has had an amazing response so hopefully someone, somewhere will see it and let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150918074584311&set=a.55899049310.62239.39329794310&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1337643470' post='1663497']
Leave your gear overnight? No, never, not ever. Especially while that tramp Cocker is about.
[/quote] That's who my moneys on.

Bad luck that in such a quiet place too. I hope she finds her way back to you safe and sound. Robbing Cnuts!!!!